River City Ransom 2 announced!

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: River City Ransom 2 announced!

Post by fastbilly1 »

But Kunio Online already lived and died:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9XAfgX8URU

A true sequel to RCR will be nice. I hope they rerelease the original with updated graphics aswell. I have been trying to hunt down a copy of PC Engine CD version at a decent price - well that and a PC Engine CD...
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

drunkn ghost wrote:I have two friends that played the shit out of the original River City Ransom with me when we were kids but wouldn't buy Scott Pilgrim just because it wasn't online.

Huge pet peeve of mine, not only the over reliance on online play from the publishers, but from the players themselves. Absolutely, a beat 'em up needs two player support at the very minimum -- but always requiring some sort of online component (and horrible online only achievements, etc) really bugs me. /off-topic
Evildeadmanwalking77
128-bit

Post by Evildeadmanwalking77 »

Oh yeah, I knew that FPS for Mario was not for real. That's why I said it was creative and ending up going into a small rant about how I couldn't play it like that, as most people probably couldn't either obviously, but who knows what Nintendo is thinking anymore so I wouldn't put it past them to try it! :lol: I personally like my Mario in 2D, I didn't care for it in 3D on N64, even though it was a decent game.

Back to RCR, I didn't realize that it was on GBA? now I have to check that out. Did it make it to original GB or GB Color? I'll direct this question to my good friend Noiseredux: The Gameboy God & expert! :wink: How have you been man?!
I am addicted to video games, especially retro gaming from my era. I have: NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Gameboy, GBA, Wii, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360. I have probably over 1,000 games in total for all these systems combined. Yes, I need help and I wouldn't have it any other way! This is my passion and hey my wife still loves me!!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Evildeadmanwalking77 wrote:Back to RCR, I didn't realize that it was on GBA? now I have to check that out. Did it make it to original GB or GB Color? I'll direct this question to my good friend Noiseredux: The Gameboy God & expert! :wink: How have you been man?!

hey bud! Atlus published an amazing port on the GBA called River City Ransom EX. It removed co-op, but added a much needed save feature.

Although RCR never had a GB/GBC port, there's a LOT of Kunio-kun games out there for GB. Most of which were Japan only though. Here's a bit of reading for you on the US games though: http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/noise ... s-1423.php
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

The lack of coop in the GBA version is what killed it. If it had coop instead of that ruddy AI the game would be amazing instead of just soso.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fastbilly1 wrote:The lack of coop in the GBA version is what killed it. If it had coop instead of that ruddy AI the game would be amazing instead of just soso.

didn't bother me. I'm a loner, Dotty... a rebel.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

You keep saying that, then you say you want to play Four Swords. Make up your mind, Rebel scum!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

hahaha. Why the avatar-shizophrenia today Fast?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Sailor Mars was my avatar the last time I logged in as a gag for the "openly female" topic on the offtopic board last week and I honestly forgot I had done it. Life has been crazy and the site was blocked up until last night. So now we are back to the cats from Propeller Arena.
Evildeadmanwalking77
128-bit

Post by Evildeadmanwalking77 »

noiseredux wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:The lack of coop in the GBA version is what killed it. If it had coop instead of that ruddy AI the game would be amazing instead of just soso.

didn't bother me. I'm a loner, Dotty... a rebel.

:lol: We don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like you because there's things about you we wouldn't understand. Things we couldn't understand. Things we SHOULDN'T understand! Sorry man, Large Marge sent me to say that! :wink:

Thanks, I'm going to check it out on GBA. I loved RCR on the NES!
I am addicted to video games, especially retro gaming from my era. I have: NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Gameboy, GBA, Wii, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Xbox, and Xbox 360. I have probably over 1,000 games in total for all these systems combined. Yes, I need help and I wouldn't have it any other way! This is my passion and hey my wife still loves me!!