Pawn Stars tv Virtual Boy

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Pawn Stars tv Virtual Boy

Post by fastbilly1 »

Lokkenjawnz wrote:One thing though was that Hoss mentioned that someone had found a warehouse full of brand new Virtual Boys in the last few years, and that just sounded like utter crap to me. Unless someone can point me to an article that corroborates that story, I'd have to say that was just a lie to get the guy to sell it for less. It really does kind of bother me that he did that, because I really like the show, and they're usually pretty good to the people they buy off of. I would assume it was just a mistake though, like maybe he got it mixed up with the Dreamcast or something. Anyhow it was a cool episode!

I seem to remember that. I think it was in Washington state they found a shipping crate with Virtual Boys in it. Ill have to look for it. I want to say there were Powergloves there aswell.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

fastbilly1 wrote:
Lokkenjawnz wrote:One thing though was that Hoss mentioned that someone had found a warehouse full of brand new Virtual Boys in the last few years, and that just sounded like utter crap to me. Unless someone can point me to an article that corroborates that story, I'd have to say that was just a lie to get the guy to sell it for less. It really does kind of bother me that he did that, because I really like the show, and they're usually pretty good to the people they buy off of. I would assume it was just a mistake though, like maybe he got it mixed up with the Dreamcast or something. Anyhow it was a cool episode!

I seem to remember that. I think it was in Washington state they found a shipping crate with Virtual Boys in it. Ill have to look for it. I want to say there were Powergloves there aswell.

Yeah, I know they found the VBs somewhere. That's definitely true.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:

Yeah, I know they found the VBs somewhere. That's definitely true.
Link please?
I'd like to read about this if it exists somewhere.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

Opa Opa wrote:Link please?

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/15/lost- ... -in-dubai/
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Washington State, Dubai, samething.

And since I started looking for that article, I really want to go home and play my working one. I just need Mario Clash and an eye shield.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:

Props bro. :wink:
girlracer
Next-Gen

Post by girlracer »

noiseredux wrote:so is the show airing today? What time?

i posted it, you can watch it online; http://www.history.com/shows/pawn-stars ... darth-pawn
Lokkenjawnz
128-bit

Post by Lokkenjawnz »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:

Well damn, I stand corrected! I can't believe I didn't hear about this. I have to wonder though, did this actually change the price/availability of Virtual Boys? I've definitely never seen a brand new VB on eBay, and certainly not at any sort of decent price. Did these actually end up out on the market at all? This story fascinates me, makes me want to go investigate old shipping containers! :lol:
My Want List!

Consoles: Sega Master System, NES Toploader, Genesis/32X, Sega CDX, SNES, 3DO FZ-1, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PS2, Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox Halo Edition, Wii, PS3
Handhelds: Atari Lynx, Sega Nomad, Neo Geo Pocket Color, GBC (Atomic Purple, Pokemon Edition), GBA (Pink OG, Silver SP, Spongebob SP+), DS (Phat, iXL), 3DS, PSP (1000, Go)
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

I wonder if they ever get calls about battletoads 2?
porygon
24-bit

Post by porygon »

Pawn Stars is one of my new favorites. I lol'd when the guy tried acting like he knew everything about the VB and then asked for twice its value.
<3