Just got SF4 and I stink!

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Just got SF4 and I stink!

Post by dsheinem »

NathanBarnatt wrote:I dont know what it is but I cant get past the 2nd guy. I just beat SF2 yesterday. And I consider myself pretty good at SNK 2D fighters but I am hurting at SF4!! Must practice.

Are you playing it with a good stick? That made a huge difference for me...

Also, SSF4 is teh bettar
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

dsheinem wrote:
NathanBarnatt wrote:I dont know what it is but I cant get past the 2nd guy. I just beat SF2 yesterday. And I consider myself pretty good at SNK 2D fighters but I am hurting at SF4!! Must practice.

Also, SSF4 is teh bettar

Agreed about SSF4 - so much of a difference. If a stick isn't your thing, make sure to at least get a SF4 pad. The XBox controller's d-pad is atrocious (better off hooking up a Sega Activator.)
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

SFIV was the first fighting game where I really felt that I had to use the practice feature before I could even beat the first few computer opponents. You're not alone. I then got pretty good against the computer, went online and got wasted. I then played online a lot and got reasonably good. I can't seem to get much better than that, which is disappointing because I was great at SFII back in the day both in the arcades and online with the X-Band.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
NathanBarnatt
Next-Gen

Post by NathanBarnatt »

dsheinem wrote:

Also, SSF4 is teh bettar

I'm using the 360 controller. I want an arcade pad. I think that would help me. I'm used to arcade games and the AES controllers now.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Nate, seriously - pick Zangief, Lariat Spam. It works epically against the CPU, and it'll work against many humans, too.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Coming from a guy who played Alpha 3, CvS 2 and Third Strike and played them pretty well at one time... I absolutely hate SSFIV.. Never played SFIV but I can say when I first played SSFIV I tore up the computer and played it basically like Third Strike then when I went online I got manhandled.. I ended up playing with Adon of all people and actually got pretty decent online, there was even a time I was getting constant winning streaks with him, but I absolutely hated played as him and wanted to master Chun-li and Makoto whom I don't win with.. Makoto is so bad in this game, there is no reason to even bother with her it's a total joke.. Needless to say, it's collecting dust now..
Last edited by EvilRyu2099 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

I dislike xbox 360 controller for fightning games compared to a ps3 controller. Arcade are great for a step up for better grasp. I couldn't even play pacman correctly on a 360 controller. So its not gamer its the 360 controller.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

EvilRyu2099 wrote: Needless to say, it's collecting dust now..

Yeah... even though Super SF4 is leagues better than SF4, I think I only played Super SF4 for about two weeks before I dropped it and never looked back.
NathanBarnatt
Next-Gen

Post by NathanBarnatt »

OK now I've beaten it twice. Getting better. The 360 controller is not comfortable for me though. And why on Live is the only thing under Super SF4 a bunch of costumes and junk. Is SSF4 a game or random add on junk?

And when do I get new players? I havent gotten any of the question mark characters yet.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

SSF4 has a second Ultra for every character, new stages and new characters.

You unlock characters by meeting requirements.
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2009/02/15/how-to-unlock-all-street-fighter-4-secret-characters-guide.htm

The 360 controller is horrid for fighting games, why so many people have opted for arcade sticks / fighter pads (Which are similar to Saturn pads in presentation).

Glad you getting the hang of it though.