how to remove cigarette smell from ps1 games?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Re: how to remove cigarette smell from ps1 games?

Post by Jrecee »

kingmohd84 wrote:doesnt it just go away with time?

I am confused by baking soda, is it the same stuff they put into dough and cakes?

I think that's usually baking powder.
axlryder
16-bit

Post by axlryder »

Rocketman wrote:Hey I've cleaned plenty of Playstation games using (Of all things) "Chest Rub". The product I use is made in Australia but depending on where you live they probably have the exact same or a very similar version of it. It smells like... Mint?

So if you'd prefer your games to smell minty fresh™ then chest rub is the way to go. :D

interesting, perhaps vix is what you're talking about. Can you rub it all over the game?
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

rub vick's vapo-rub on your ps1 games.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Jrecee wrote:
kingmohd84 wrote:doesnt it just go away with time?

I am confused by baking soda, is it the same stuff they put into dough and cakes?

I think that's usually baking powder.

Nah, sodium bicarbonate aka baking soda, is also often used in pastries. It's also pretty much the world's best toothpaste.

This is a little off topic, but if a car or room has a disturbing odor to it, leave a pot of piping hot coffee in it every so often. It might end up smelling like a doctor's office, but it works.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I use it for mouthwash. It also works on canker sores if you mix it with water into a paste and put it on.

To get my car to smell good I will take a small cup of listerine and put a paper towel into it to absorb the listerine, then leave it in my car. I use the purple kind which smells extra good and is filled with food coloring and fake sugar, making it useless as actual mouthwash.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Jrecee wrote:I use it for mouthwash.

It tastes awful, but as a mild abrasive it has hundreds of purposes. Kind of weird that it tastes awful, but eliminates bad breath. How does that work?
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I don't think it really tastes awful. Just kind of salty. It being such a strong base makes everything else taste really sour and acidic right after. Just rinsing my mouth out with water from the faucet afterwards tastes really off.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Buy a new copy of whatever it is. This all sounds like way too much effort...
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)