New Dreamcast Emulator for PC - nullDC

Emu Talk Goes Here
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

racketboy wrote:bummer about the gamepad support
How's Typing of the Dead work out? :)

As soon as he adds a Keyboard plugin to the controller menu, I'll tell you. Hope he adds a lightgun plugin too, playable with a mouse. But in the meantime, I'll try regular hour of the dead 2 for you.

Looks like it works VERY well. Full speed, few graphics glitches, pretty good sound. Texture filtering wasn't enabled on the real deal, right? I don't think the emulator disabled it.

neohx_7
64-bit

Post by neohx_7 »

How do the 2D fighters look? I hope this emulator is in active development. Another Chankast would be so disappointing.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

neohx_7 wrote:How do the 2D fighters look? I hope this emulator is in active development. Another Chankast would be so disappointing.

Street Fighter 3 TS seems to have none of the sprite glitches that Chankast had. Audio is missing some sound effects though.
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

I havent managed to get anythin runnin with it yet

Im gonna use Joy2Key with whatever I do get runnin, thou it isnt exactly ideal :s

if anything twud just be cool to get nice hi-res screenies from DC games :)
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

I got Soul Calibur running on it and made some wallpapers from it, if anyone wants to grab em, they were all grabbed from 1280x960 originally (to maintain ratio) and then cropped to 1280x1024 (but sharpened afterwards)

that really is my favourite intro ever...

anywayz, heres the link:

http://download.yousendit.com/865B792C71CA7A09

they're all full quality JPEG's
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Under Defeat runs full speed, with no real problems. The sound emulation seems extremely good, and theres only minor issues with certain visual effects like smoke and fire. They show up blocky or with improper transparency. And the Bomb effect doesn't stand out much.

But certainly fully playable.
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

god i cant wait till they sort out some type of working gamepad plugin for this.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

baphomet_irl wrote:god i cant wait till they sort out some type of working gamepad plugin for this.

Shouldnt be too long. Til then, Joy2Key will have to do. I learned about that app when I wanted to map d-pad controls to GTA3, and make Start actually go to the pause screen.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Shenmue 2 runs with a considerable amount of visual glitches and audio flaws, and some slowdown and stutters (from disc). Still impressive, considering it runs at all.

Jet Grind Radio is another great title for NullDC. Great audio emulation, and just minor visual glitches (font clipping, transparent rails, blue fog in areas). Runs great.

FYI, I haven't bothered messing with the emu's settings to improve the situation on any games yet. I also havent bothered with playing disc images rather than CD-Rs. I'm sure performance is better on those.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Just wanted to let you guys know about that thanks to nulldc's support for GDIs (Dreamcast gigabyte images), me and many others are busy ripping full GDIs from our GD-ROM discs. Eventually we're going to have an organized community with naming standards, and a huge database of torrents of all these releases. This is EXACTLY what I've mentioned needing before. I'm so happy to see this project taking off. I'm ripping GDIs of Shenmue 2 as we speak. This is a great way to preserve 100% full backups of classic dreamcast games. Many of these releases contain content which was removed or downsampled in pirated release, so I consider this project to be very important, and even moreso if nullDC continues to evolve and improve.

http://dumpcast.thekickback.com/

I'll be merely a contributor of GDIs.