X-Play Reviews Virtua Fighter 5

Post game-related video clips here
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

baphomet_irl wrote:Morgan Man-Jaw? - any hetero male who does not find her aesthetically pleasing is emm.. not hetero :p

Hahaha WOW! So not true.
NeoRage
64-bit

Post by NeoRage »

baphomet_irl wrote:Morgan Man-Jaw? - any hetero male who does not find her aesthetically pleasing is emm.. not hetero :p

:D I'll second that one! I wish she'd be a playmate one day :P
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

Mozgus wrote:

Hahaha WOW! So not true.
Eh, she's not the best looking girl on the block, but that is definately quite a bit uglier than she actually is...

I found the video funny. Moz is just pissed becuase they got rid of the canadian guy. Oh how he liked ze hockey! :P
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

metaleggman wrote:Eh, she's not the best looking girl on the block, but that is definately quite a bit uglier than she actually is...

I found the video funny. Moz is just pissed becuase they got rid of the canadian guy. Oh how he liked ze hockey! :P

I don't know what canadian guy you are talking about. I haven't had cable television since 2000.

Regardless, the show sucks every time I watch it at a friend's, or get subjected to clips such as this.

And watching some creature, who just HAPPENS to come equipped with a vagina, barely able to read her cue cards while forfeiting any effort at acting, pretending to be interested in videogames....sorry, it doesn't get my dick in the air.

Get a fat girl in there to review games. At least that would offer some credibility. I might actually believe she knows what she's jabbering about if her body indicated that she spent that much time in this activity. But then the show's ratings would plummet, even if it was the first episode to feature an authentic review. Admit it, no one watches that show for thought-provoking, consumer guidance.

While I'm at it, fuck the entire channel. But we've gone there already.
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

Mozgus wrote:And watching some creature, who just HAPPENS to come equipped with a vagina, barely able to read her cue cards while forfeiting any effort at acting, pretending to be interested in videogames....sorry, it doesn't get my dick in the air.
Oh I see, you're one of those people who are skeptical of her actual videogaming habits. Lol.
NeoRage
64-bit

Post by NeoRage »

metaleggman wrote:
Mozgus wrote:And watching some creature, who just HAPPENS to come equipped with a vagina, barely able to read her cue cards while forfeiting any effort at acting, pretending to be interested in videogames....sorry, it doesn't get my dick in the air.
Oh I see, you're one of those people who are skeptical of her actual videogaming habits. Lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

metaleggman wrote:

Among the other things I mentioned, yes and so?

I'm serious. Do you kids get erections at the mere thought of a female speaking about games? I'm ashamed of all of you.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Not all X-Play stuff is funny. There are some downright dumb reviews, but I thought this one was funny.
Morgan is actually pretty knowledgeable. There are other females on G4 that are on gaming shows that I know are just reading off of cue cards, but Morgan actually does the game stuff for a living and i believe she reviews the games herself.

On a side note, Adam Sessler can actually be intelligent outside of the show.

Keep in mind, they both put on a bit of an act for the show.
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

racketboy wrote:On a side note, Adam Sessler can actually be intelligent outside of the show.
Definately agree with all you said. And definately the one I quoted. He actually deserves a bit more credit than people give him considering he not only puts a lot of creative input into the show and how reviews are done and all that junk, he has also been with the show ever since it's beginning. Lol, I'd love to see the first episode of gamespot TV. There's always youtube for that!
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

i have to admit - I had never watched any of the shows up untill fairly recently. The whole of the interweb stuff I had read about x play before seeing it seemed negative, however when I actually watched it I didnt see why to be honest. I think their reviews are fair enough most of the time, certainly not worth the vitriol that is spat at them anyway. Sure they do kinda try to be funny too hard sometimes with the reviews but to be honest, your damned if you do and your damned if you dont. Their reviews have to have stuff like that in them or else seriously it would be boring. I cant remember what site it was but I watched a video review once by someone who was normally a web reviewer, and although everything he said in the review was technically correct and I pretty much agreed with, and in fact would have enjoyed it as a text review, his delivery (and also even the fact that it was such 'straight' content in the first place), was just utterly boring.