Virtua Fighter 5 Coming to XBox 360

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

yeh I have to say my favourite version of SC overall (including Soulblade) is SC on DC - although if im playing on my own Ill usually use my GC version of SC2, as although I think SC1 is best for vs, the story mode in SC2 is slightly more enjoyable IMO

well yeh I am interested in the higher bit rate of DVD-Audio relative to CD, however I personally do not like listening to music in 5.1 or surround etc., fine for films/games, but not music IMO, and I think, although Im not sure, a lot of the DVD-Audio stuff is surround, not stereo - if it isnt, I would be interested definitely. I have one DVD-Audio disk, a version of the Elvis 30#1 hits, the higher quality of things such as crashes and cymbals due to the higher bitrate is beautiful, however the surround positioning kinda makes it feel 'unmeaty' to me :p

actually uve just reminded me I have to get a high quality interconnect for my DVD to my amp :p

god we're COMPLETELY off topic lol
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

baphomet_irl wrote:yeh I have to say my favourite version of SC overall (including Soulblade) is SC on DC - although if im playing on my own Ill usually use my GC version of SC2, as although I think SC1 is best for vs, the story mode in SC2 is slightly more enjoyable IMO

well yeh I am interested in the higher bit rate of DVD-Audio relative to CD, however I personally do not like listening to music in 5.1 or surround etc., fine for films/games, but not music IMO, and I think, although Im not sure, a lot of the DVD-Audio stuff is surround, not stereo - if it isnt, I would be interested definitely. I have one DVD-Audio disk, a version of the Elvis 30#1 hits, the higher quality of things such as crashes and cymbals due to the higher bitrate is beautiful, however the surround positioning kinda makes it feel 'unmeaty' to me :p

actually uve just reminded me I have to get a high quality interconnect for my DVD to my amp :p

god we're COMPLETELY off topic lol
Well, that's why you should look for DVD-Audio discs with stereo PCM. One of the versatile thing with DVD-Audio is that they don't always do everything in 5.1. Also, I believe some A/V Receivers can down mix the music to stereo...
gunslingerg

Post by gunslingerg »

Does VF5 support online play? B/c then I'd go with the PS3, you don't pay for online service.
SC4 and Tekken 6 should also support online. I've had a great experience with DOA4's online play and hope that all fighters in the future incorporate it. Going down to the arcade is tedious. Nice that all the major games are getting good representation on next-gens though. *punches namco for dark ressurection cut*
Zork
32-bit

Post by Zork »

I don't think VF5 is online. I think most people who make good 3D fighters are trying to stay away from online play.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Zork wrote:I don't think VF5 is online. I think most people who make good 3D fighters are trying to stay away from online play.

Just because of the lag, correct?
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

yeh I think itll be a long time before even the fastest net connection would be reliable enough to play fighters properly online

ye'd have to have a ping of at least 10 or less I would say...
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

I guess you guys have never heard of fibreoptical DSL. 512 kilobytes per second upload. Yowza.
then again, it costs like 150 bucks a month for that and 16megabte per second downloads.
http://news.com.com/Verizons+fiber+race ... 75171.html
That's pretty old news, but I know someone who shares the highest service with his two other roomates and he got those speeds listed above.
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

metaleggman wrote:I guess you guys have never heard of fibreoptical DSL. 512 kilobytes per second upload. Yowza.
then again, it costs like 150 bucks a month for that and 16megabte per second downloads.
http://news.com.com/Verizons+fiber+race ... 75171.html
That's pretty old news, but I know someone who shares the highest service with his two other roomates and he got those speeds listed above.

well I have, but it will be a long time before it exists in my country I presume... :p
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

baphomet_irl wrote:well I have, but it will be a long time before it exists in my country I presume... :p
That is definately a possibility. Hell, it's only in texas and on hte east coast, so I feel for ya. Then again, I only upgraded to cable from a dial-up connection a few months ago, so I'm just loving my current speed.
Zork
32-bit

Post by Zork »

racketboy wrote:
Zork wrote:I don't think VF5 is online. I think most people who make good 3D fighters are trying to stay away from online play.

Just because of the lag, correct?

It certainly seems that way. The only fighter I can think of that had online play recently was the MK games but it's system was of course clumsy and broken so it didn't matter too match. DOA4 was decent, it's spotty as far as I'm concerned. Usually when the devs or dev team is asked if there will be online play, they'll say no and when asked why it'll usually have something to do with how the timing won't be accurate, or it will lower the quality of the gameplay etc.

Besides in my opinion fighting games are meant for face to face play :twisted: