Anyone still buy Dreamcast games?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I have most of the best games in original form already, so I haven't had much motivation lately.
I don't by the expensive imports -- I don't have that much extra cash. I have a ripped Under Defeat that I haven't even got around to playing if that tells you anything.

I look for deals on a few titles here and there simply as a collectors thing.
Lan-Di
24-bit

Post by Lan-Di »

jemsic wrote:I've only boughten one pal game - Shenmue II. But other than that, pal releases suck ass because the cases and artwork are usually terribly ugly.

I buy NTSC-U and J games.

the only pal games I got are, Shenmue 2 and Headhunter, I think the blue color of the cases look ok ;)
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Lan-Di wrote:the only pal games I got are, Shenmue 2 and Headhunter, I think the blue color of the cases look ok ;)

I actually need a replacement case for HeadHunter. My BRAND NEW copy of the game shipped from the UK, and got here smashed all to hell. The manual, inserts, and discs were all fine, but the plastic case was raped. I didn't want to bother shipping it back for a replacement because I only paid $20 to begin with.

So would you happen to have any spare PAL double disc cases?

Also, the game was fantastic, and I badly want a complete OST rip. The official soundtrack CD is missing a lot of great tracks. I badly need a broadband adaptor so I can rip the full isos and get at the music myself. The pirated version had downsampled music.
Lan-Di
24-bit

Post by Lan-Di »

Mozgus wrote:
Lan-Di wrote:the only pal games I got are, Shenmue 2 and Headhunter, I think the blue color of the cases look ok ;)

So would you happen to have any spare PAL double disc cases?

Nope.. :(
Zork
32-bit

Post by Zork »

I only buy games, I don't pirate unless I'd kill my wallet trying to get ones I want. Most of my most wanted games have already been bought or re-bought but there are still a few left out there that I want like Gundam Side Story, Project Justice, Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves, both Giga Wings, Bangai-O, Quake III Arena, House of the Dead 2, and Cannon Spike. Of course it's not just limited to games, I'd like to get my hands on a pair of Dreamcast Sticks, the original ones...but thats something I'd have to save up for because they fetch for such high prices...I'd also like a pair of Light Guns as well. I've still got a ways to go before I consider my DC Collection complete, at least I pulled it from death.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Those last 4 games on my list STILL have not arrived. The guy has 99.9% feedback, but he's terrible at communication. Some people seem to get their games 3 weeks later, while some get them 3 days later. My stuff better be coming :(

In the meantime, I won auctions for Alone in the Dark and Ecco the Dolphin, completes. AitD came today, and it's perfect condition, yet it wont read in my main dreamcast, March 2000 model. It reads in my Oct 1999 model just fine, which technically isn't mine, because I sold it to my step-dad. So I took my third DC, a broken one, ripped it's GD-Drive out and put it in my core DC. It reads the game fine, but the drive sounds like bones breaking when it loads.

So I took apart all the cogs and shafts, scrubbed them with alcohol, put everything back together, lubed them up, and now I'm giving the DC-Drive a workout, using Dead or Alive 2's looped real-time intro. It's nearly down to the original noise level!

So remember kids: Buy broken Dreamcast for spare parts whenever possible. Very useful.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

most definately agree!

I have spare broken PSXs, Gennys, Sega CDs, Saturns, Dreamcasts and all sorts of my fav systems stocked up for just in case scenarios.

It is actually how I got my PS2... some friends of mine had fried PS2s, 3 in total. I was able to construct 1 working one and another with no memory card or controller support.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
risk
16-bit

Post by risk »

offtopic: sony is still taking in broken ps2's. all they care about is that its 90% intact and that the motherboard has never been chipped. ive only shipped the big models and all of them have been opened up before(warranty voided). they will take them for $45usd (u pay the shipping) and they will ship you back a working refurbished one. they are also replacing the slim models for free. ive already sent in 3 ps2's and got 3 working ones. they also look *brand new*.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Those 4 games came today. VF3 had a crack through it and blitz 2k1 had it's data film peeling right off the disc. I dunno how blind this guy is, to have missed this damage, but I hope to god he doesn't drive. I'm ganna see if he'll refund me the combined $3 I spent on those two, just for kicks.

Thankfully San Fran Rush 2049 and Silver work perfectly. San Fran alone, disc-only, in working form, is worth more than the $11 I paid for all 4 auctions and shipping, so thank jebus that game works. I gambled, and came away with a marginal win. Ganna get to work on restoring these games and outfitting them with new cases and inserts as best I can.

Still waiting on Ecco.
americankgb
16-bit

Post by americankgb »

I don't actually own a dreamcast at the moment, but i'm going to pick one up soon just for the fact that their or so many shooters out for it. I really wanna try out that one that drops in Februrary but alas I don't remember the name.