New NES game - Armed for Battle (real time strategy)

If you're an indie dev or author of a game, book, film, or other production, this is where you can pitch it -- just don't be spammy!
rizz1010
8-bit

Re: New NES game - Armed for Battle (real time strategy)

Post by rizz1010 »

spotandclaw wrote:I've been playing this, and it's very cool, and very addicting! But I'm having one issue- I'm not gaining any food (constantly at 0), and I have the max 10 workers assigned to the farm, with all of the advancements done on the farm. I'm using NesterJ on a PSP if that changes something. Overall, very cool game and I might have to look into buying a copy! I'll make sure to share this around :3

Thank you!
In order to max out your food you'll need 10 workers and 10 ox working in the field. On the upgrade screen, max out farming tools to level 3, and max out ox training to level 3. That's about all you can do - once you start sending troops to battle the enemy, your total population will go down, so you should start seeing some food coming in.

I believe the food requirements are a little more forgiving in the full game.
rizz1010
8-bit

Post by rizz1010 »

spotandclaw wrote:Also, (forgot this), I ran into two occasions during a battle when the music would glitch out and just play a solid tone, and all of the soldiers on the field would stop functioning. The only thing that kept the battle going was the 'turret' archers (who sort of saved the day since I hadn't created a save state yet.) And is there a way to save your process in-game? I just created a save state through the emulator.

There are music issues that have been cleared up for the final game. Any rare glitch that might be encountered in the final game does not affect the gameplay.

There are no mid-level saves. The game will give passwords after a level is completed. Once a level is started, it has to be won in order to advance in the game.

If any more questions come up, just ask.

The regular edition of the game is planned to come out on July 1. If you send me your email through my blog contact form, I can keep you updated on the details.
http://1010howe.blogspot.com
rizz1010
8-bit

Post by rizz1010 »

Armed For Battle is now available in either a Loose Cartridge or Cartridge In Box!
Details and purchase information is at infiniteneslives.com

Thanks for looking!
AggroSky

Post by AggroSky »

This is fantastic and really an interesting project... But dammit, I don't own a NES at the moment!
rizz1010
8-bit

Post by rizz1010 »

Armed For Battle will be at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo happening next weekend!

At the Infinite NES Lives booth, you can come see and demo the game. You'll also be able to save on shipping AND get an additional $5 off with the coupon at my blog.

I'm very excited to be in attendance this year at the show!
rizz1010
8-bit

Post by rizz1010 »

Sale coming up!

Armed For Battle will be $5 off from Black Friday through Cyber Monday (11/28 - 12/1).

If you haven't been to InfiniteNESLives lately, 2 other homebrews have been added to the products page.