GreekRetroGamer Collection 2014 Edition

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
demizz30
8-bit

GreekRetroGamer Collection 2014 Edition

Post by demizz30 »

I am proud to present to you my video games collection. 10 months ago all games were moved to a 30-40 square ft room (to my parents house), much larger than the previous setup and reorganized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Jzf4Eokjw

Still many games are still in boxes..unfortunately.

My collection in the video has approximately 3500 videogames (plus another 1000-1500 in the US where I live in the last years). It took more than one month to pack up all these games, safely transfer them from Athens to Patras and then re-set up the whole thing. But this was the only way to go, since I do not live in Greece any more and I will only be visiting my country for one month on yearly basis.

Though the games are in a basement, this is insulated and wall painted. The humidity levels rage between 50-60%, which is as far as I know acceptable.

The video is in Greek, but most of the things I am saying are titles of games and console games, so it is easy to follow up.

Thanks!
GrouchoGlasses
16-bit

Re: GreekRetroGamer Collection 2014 Edition

Post by GrouchoGlasses »

This was all Greek to me... :wink:

I had those same Ninja Turtle figures growing up. It's great to see how much you've been able to hold on to. Are these original games from you childhood or all from retro game collection?
demizz30
8-bit

Post by demizz30 »

I liked ninja turtles but nothing survived from my childhood years. All these were recent findings.
These are those small treasures that when you find in the wild, you feel like a 10 year old boy again!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Why not slowly move your collection to the US with you?
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
demizz30
8-bit

Post by demizz30 »

The plan is to at least move the games I like most and sell duplicates and consoles I am not in love with..

I may be the only collector in the world with 2 video-game collections, one on each continent.. and no, this is not something I am proud of..
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

demizz30 wrote:The plan is to at least move the games I like most and sell duplicates and consoles I am not in love with..

I may be the only collector in the world with 2 video-game collections, one on each continent.. and no, this is not something I am proud of..

If you're going to sell off some of the stuff you have in Greece, hit me with a pm.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.