Payday 2

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Payday 2

Post by flex wood »

Is anyone else planning on picking this up next week? I have heard such good things about the first one but never picked it up. I plan on getting this on launch because it looks great and I need a new fps fps to play (I don't have high hopes for Battlefield 4.) It's only going to be $40 when it comes out and that's cheap enough that I can get it and if it does suck not feel to bad about it.

I had specifically avoided picking up the D&D game because I knew I was getting Dragons Crown and didn't want to burn myself out on the genre but playing DC has fueled my desire to play it. I'm hoping that picking this up and robbing banks will just get me more hyped on Grand Theft Auto 5 when it comes out.

I'm getting it for ps3 because I don't have a PC to game on and haven't found a deal on gold yet.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Re: Payday 2

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

flex wood wrote:Is anyone else planning on picking this up next week? I have heard such good things about the first one but never picked it up. I plan on getting this on launch because it looks great and I need a new fps fps to play (I don't have high hopes for Battlefield 4.) It's only going to be $40 when it comes out and that's cheap enough that I can get it and if it does suck not feel to bad about it.

I had specifically avoided picking up the D&D game because I knew I was getting Dragons Crown and didn't want to burn myself out on the genre but playing DC has fueled my desire to play it. I'm hoping that picking this up and robbing banks will just get me more hyped on Grand Theft Auto 5 when it comes out.

I'm getting it for ps3 because I don't have a PC to game on and haven't found a deal on gold yet.

Buying a copy for my friend's birthday and buying a copy for myself the same day. Obviously going with the PC version here. I have limited experience with the original PayDay. I liked what I played of it but it seemed to lack variety. It seems this new one is trying to make some headway on that front so I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

I have the original on Steam but never managed to clock hours into it. Didn't like how it controlled.. maybe it's better on Sony's console.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

:cry: avoid the game on ps3 until it has been patched. You can't connect to games online. When you do it usually puts you in a lobby where you wait for the host to ready up but, I found this out through my account share, everyone is ready and the game just won't start. The work around has been to just add people as friends from these lobbies and start your own game but that is still a pain.

I really really like the game when it works but it just takes so much effort to get into a good game that I can't recommend it on playstation to anyone. I can whole heartedly endorse the soundtrack though, Payday 2 and Hotline Miami* are definitely my favorite soundtracks of the year.

Hopefully it gets patched soon because I have been able to have a ton of fun with the game. I believe the issue is only on playstation after checking the boards on game faqs for all three versions I didn't see any threads about it. That fact actually really bugs me since the first payday was originally a psn exclusive so the dev team should been able to make it work seamlessly.

*Yes I know it came out last year but I just got to it this year since it was released on psn.
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

The devs Overkill were nice enough to send me and the staff 8 free copies to play on Steam. :D :D
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

oxymoron wrote:The devs Overkill were nice enough to send me and the staff 8 free copies to play on Steam. :D :D

Nice one. Any thoughts on the game?
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

Here's a link to the sites review.
http://www.jumptogamer.com/reviews/payday-2-review/

Personally I think it deserves an 8.