Sealed Video Games launched competition - 28 games prize

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Dark Sol
24-bit

Sealed Video Games launched competition - 28 games prize

Post by Dark Sol »

Hey guys!
We've started a huge competition here
http://www.sealedvideogames.net/2013/02/22/svg-2nd-anniversary-competition-starts-today-28-games-as-a-prize/

If anyone wants to get involved - please do!
If i am breaking some forum rules - please PM me first if you want to move topic to appropriate section.
The prize is massive, never to be seen on a gaming website so i want more people to actually fight :P.
Thanx all!
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Re: Sealed Video Games launched competition - 28 games prize

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

It's too bad the vast majority of those games are garbage...

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

I kind of want to get a copy of black ops 2 VGA graded just as a joke haha
Dark Sol
24-bit

Post by Dark Sol »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:It's too bad the vast majority of those games are garbage...

Still there are many good stuff as well. And it's all free :D
01toubib
32-bit

Post by 01toubib »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:It's too bad the vast majority of those games are garbage...

Tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back :lol:
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

Vast majority? WTF are you on about? These are all good/decent games. Some of the games are extraordinarily good from game design POV (Super Mario Bros 3, Starcraft 1&2, Super Meatboy)

Super Mario Bros. 3
Disney’s Donald Duck: Quack Attack
World Heroes Anthology
Digital Devil Saga
Digital Devil Saga 2
Resident Evil Code: Veronica
Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Bayonetta
Excitebike
StarCraft II
Starcraft
Ivy The Kiwi
Disney’s Tarzan
Super Meat Boy
InFamous 2

15/28. 13/28 !=vast majority. In fact there might be more good (or atleast mediocre) games in that pile, I just personally haven't played them so I can't say whether they're garbage or not.
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
Retrodude
128-bit

Post by Retrodude »

The real shame is that those games will just sit on a shelf 'til the end of time and never be played. Not trying to start a flame war or anything, but seriously, if you're not a gamer, you shouldn't be collecting games. At all. All you people are doing is artificially inflating prices to the point where REAL gamers can't afford the good stuff because even loose copies have gotten WAY overpriced. For example, Earthbound is not that rare and no way is it worth anywhere near what it goes for these days, but because "collectors" decided it was gold, the people who would actually buy that game to play it can't. And there are lots of other examples I could think of, too. It's almost impossible to find a good deal on anything anymore thanks to you people. And don't tell me to "just use emulation" because that is not a defense.
I'm not a glitch, I just have pixlexia.

Raiiban wrote:That's a moral dilemma. Capitalism has no morals.
Dark Sol
24-bit

Post by Dark Sol »

Retrodude wrote:The real shame is that those games will just sit on a shelf 'til the end of time and never be played. Not trying to start a flame war or anything, but seriously, if you're not a gamer, you shouldn't be collecting games. At all. All you people are doing is artificially inflating prices to the point where REAL gamers can't afford the good stuff because even loose copies have gotten WAY overpriced. For example, Earthbound is not that rare and no way is it worth anywhere near what it goes for these days, but because "collectors" decided it was gold, the people who would actually buy that game to play it can't. And there are lots of other examples I could think of, too. It's almost impossible to find a good deal on anything anymore thanks to you people. And don't tell me to "just use emulation" because that is not a defense.

You are correct, and with the grading it got even more insane.
However, the demand is really really high. And speaking about Earthbound, the more time flows.. the worse these boxes become. So the better copies will gain even more value.
The GOOD games are raising, the worse ones dropping.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

Retrodude wrote:The real shame is that those games will just sit on a shelf 'til the end of time and never be played.

The real shame is that those coins will just sit on a shelf 'til the end of time and never be spent.

The real shame is that those stamps will just sit on a shelf 'til the end of time and never be used for postage.

The real shame is that those comics will just sit on a shelf 'til the end of time and never be read.

The real shame is that those baseball cards will just sit on a shelf 'til the end of time and never be put in a kid's bicycle spokes to make it sound like a motorcycle.

Retrodude wrote:Not trying to start a flame war or anything

then don't.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Retrodude wrote:The real shame is that those games will just sit on a shelf 'til the end of time and never be played. Not trying to start a flame war or anything, but seriously, if you're not a gamer, you shouldn't be collecting games. At all. All you people are doing is artificially inflating prices to the point where REAL gamers can't afford the good stuff because even loose copies have gotten WAY overpriced. For example, Earthbound is not that rare and no way is it worth anywhere near what it goes for these days, but because "collectors" decided it was gold, the people who would actually buy that game to play it can't. And there are lots of other examples I could think of, too. It's almost impossible to find a good deal on anything anymore thanks to you people. And don't tell me to "just use emulation" because that is not a defense.

What gives you the idea that the people collecting sealed games aren't gamers? You don't invest the kind of time and money required to collect sealed games if you don't already love games to begin with.

Many sealed collectors also own "play copies" and whatnot, you know. Who are you to decide who is and isn't a REAL gamer anyway?