Any Love For Fighters Megamix?

Brawlers and Beatemups
Vencabot

Re: Any Love For Fighters Megamix?

Post by Vencabot »

When my brother and I were young, we played the #$%^ out of this game, and I still own it, and my Saturn, along with a lot of fond memories. Nowadays, I'm a competitive fighting game player, but, back then, I just enjoyed learning a few simple strings, abusing the enemy AI, and unlocking tons and tons of content -- and Fighters' Megamix definitely delivered in those areas.

There's so much to acquire in that game... So many secret characters, stages, costumes, codes... The music and the graphics were both phenomenal, and the gameplay -- although I'll never know how it translates to competitive level -- was extremely satisfying and simple to pick up.

Much love for Fighters Megamix, man. Much love. Thanks for the reminder.

-David
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Vencabot wrote:When my brother and I were young, we played the #$%^ out of this game, and I still own it, and my Saturn, along with a lot of fond memories. Nowadays, I'm a competitive fighting game player, but, back then, I just enjoyed learning a few simple strings, abusing the enemy AI, and unlocking tons and tons of content -- and Fighters' Megamix definitely delivered in those areas.

There's so much to acquire in that game... So many secret characters, stages, costumes, codes... The music and the graphics were both phenomenal, and the gameplay -- although I'll never know how it translates to competitive level -- was extremely satisfying and simple to pick up.

Much love for Fighters Megamix, man. Much love. Thanks for the reminder.

-David

I agree wholeheartedly!

P.S.

So good to see you again Vencabot! Are you keeping up on VFDC? We need to get some Virtua Fighter in..been so long!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I really loved this game. It isn't without problems: balance between characters was rather poor, many of the special characters were poorly animated (if animated at all), etc... Still, the game was tons of fun if you were anyone shy of a tournament player.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.