Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Too early to start talking about rare/valuable Wii games

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Found a Fire Emblem for $35 last night! Upon closer inspection I saw that it was used, had no booklet, and was covered with stickers. What a shame. Left it on the shelf, bought a Genesis game instead.

EDIT: This was supposed to be a PM. Sorry!

Haha, the last post I made in the finds thread was supposed to be a PM too. I'm somehow incapable of sending PMs properly.

Retronomy wrote:It seems to me anything Atlus (that isn't SMT) or NIS becomes 'rare' really fast.
I'm guessing to look for Phantom Brave and Baroque.

I don't know if you're looking to play Phantom Brave or to buy it as a "collector's item" or whatnot, but you should know that the PS2, PSP, and Wii versions are all just different variations of the same game. Seems like I run into the PS2 version quite often, though the Wii port isn't too rare yet.

Oddly enough, the Wii game contains a bonus CD-ROM of game artwork (I think?). Don't think I've ever seen that.
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

Post by KillerJuan77 »

BoringSupreez wrote:
KillerJuan77 wrote:I think Scarface is also becoming rare.

Seriously? That was one of 2006's top-selling titles.

That also includes the Wii version?
Retronomy
32-bit

Post by Retronomy »

I don't know if you're looking to play Phantom Brave or to buy it as a "collector's item" or whatnot, but you should know that the PS2, PSP, and Wii versions are all just different variations of the same game. Seems like I run into the PS2 version quite often, though the Wii port isn't too rare yet.

Oddly enough, the Wii game contains a bonus CD-ROM of game artwork (I think?). Don't think I've ever seen that.

Eh, I'm not particularly jumping at the chance to get either. I say 'rare' because it's artificially so, usually. Price inflates, everyone scrambles for them, but not many care to sell. They'll probably become "Final Fantasy 7" rare. That being said both print runs aren't exactly huge, but would be workable if published by another company, as someone here said.

Baroque also has a PS2 version, and Baroque itself is a 'remake' of the Sega Saturn game.
I haven't played either Wii version, but I've played them both on PS2. I'd recommend both games even if just for play.

EDIT: Btw, if anyone's interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2iO5NzE_ik this is the saturn version. In many ways I prefer this version of the game. First Person realtime dungeon crawling action, tons of incredibly bizaar enemies and way more scare factor. Where the PS2-Wii version I feel is much more cinematic and better handles the death and rebirth scenes.
http://retrofiends.com My terrible retro video game reviews blog.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

KillerJuan77 wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:

This was even rare in 2008 when I got my Wii, I have never seen one in person and have looked every where every-time in my area.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

KillerJuan77 wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:

I didn't even know there was a Wii version. I thought it was only on PS2 and both Xboxes.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
SNKnicotine
128-bit

Post by SNKnicotine »

I just bought "Rockstar presents Table Tennis" as in the company that brought us such classics as "manhunt", "GTA", and the "Red Dead series" it's a really fun and think this might be a odd ball title that might be rare (not sure if valuable)
Klassic PlastiK @ youtube.com/KlassicplastiK
Currently playing:Super Smash bros.(4)(3DS/WiiU)
Currently reading: Batman: Death of a Family
AppleQueso wrote:You can't even pronounce "RPG" or "FPS" like you can "Shmup"
Arpuhguh? Fffpiss? Bah!
"Shmup" is far more elegant!
Pichu
128-bit

Post by Pichu »

Is Pandora's Tower gonna be the last noteworthy Wii game? I mean it's 2013 for goodness sake.
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

Post by KillerJuan77 »

bryan_65 wrote:This was even rare in 2008 when I got my Wii, I have never seen one in person and have looked every where every-time in my area.

It's arguably the best version of the game. Also... THE WII-MOTE CONTROLS THE CHAINSAW :D
Martin

Post by Martin »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:I see that many stores online are now taking pre-orders on Pandora's Tower - any word yet on if a limited edition is being offered?

According to Tom from Xseed, any bonus content that may or may not be included, will be shipped with the first run of this game, similar to Last Story's first run.

Source
theclaw
Next-Gen

Post by theclaw »

BoringSupreez wrote:I didn't even know there was a Wii version. I thought it was only on PS2 and both Xboxes.

It went to PC, not 360.
Lum fan.