Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
KelseyCheslock

Re: To our friend Breetai. We're all going to miss you buddy

by KelseyCheslock Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:13 am

Dear friends of Blake,

This is his youngest sister. Thank you for your comments and condolences. Our family really appreciates the love you had for Blake and the friendships that you provided him during the past few years. Blake had had a tough couple of years and I know that this community (and his love of video games and knowledge) had helped him get through. He was constantly talking about games and he had an amazing collection (that some referred to as a "museum").

The last few days of his life were joyous. Blake and Hinako traveled from Thunder Bay to Dryden for the weekend to celebrate Christmas early, as he wasn't able to be with her on Christmas. Blake had so much fun with little Hinako, his maternal grandparents, and his parents, and was in good spirits when he left to return to Thunder Bay. I spoke with him on Skype on Saturday (I live in St. Catharines) and he was so excited about having found some Thomas the Train toys for Hinako at a local 2nd hand store.

Blake loved deeply and possessed an extraordinary amount of empathy. He was a very special person to all of us and we miss him greatly (we have all been left broken hearted). He didn't deserve to die so young, and we, as you, are devastated and in a great deal of shock. We're taking things one day at a time.

We will be setting up something for Hinako. She was the light of his life and all he wanted was for her to be healthy and happy. We will do everything that we can to make sure that she remembers her daddy and knows how much she was loved by him. He was amazing with her. Either Trevor or I will update you once we decide what to do for Hinako.

Thanks again for being such great friends to my dear brother.
Last edited by KelseyCheslock on Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Thank you for the post, please do keep us updated.
Duane Dibbley
128-bit

by Duane Dibbley Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:07 pm

My condolences to Blake's family and friends. His enthusiasm for gaming will certainly be missed around this forum.
My games for sale: Racketboy, Amazon, eBay
My systems: NES, Nintendo 64, GameCube (Game Boy Player), Wii / Game & Watch: Ball, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP (x2), Nintendo DSi / Genesis (Sega CD, 32X), Saturn / Game Gear / PlayStation, PlayStation 2 / Xbox / Mac (Windows PC) / iPhone, iPad
corn619
Next-Gen

by corn619 Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:06 pm

I haven't posted here in some time. I was just glancing through and was absolutely shocked and saddened to read this. What a horrible loss and my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. :(
johnblade
32-bit

by johnblade Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Don't really know the guy too well as I am more a lurker on the forum. I will give my condolences to his family for his death but I would recommend to remember the good time of his life as it's something most people would want to remember the most.
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

by Dakinggamer87 Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Very sad news he was a great member of our community and will be missed :(
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

by dedalusdedalus Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Just posting on this thread to pay my respects. I never knew Breetai personally, but his presence was definitely felt on these boards, and this thread is a testament to the positive impact he had on others.
TrevorF
16-bit

by TrevorF Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Another update:

Blakes service will be on Monday December 31st at 11:00am (central time) at the Lutheran Church in Dryden Ontario.

http://stevensfuneralhomes.ca/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1887113&fh_id=14031
Thing's that I'm looking for at the moment: Super Mario RPG manual(SNES), Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals map and cart(SNES), The King of Dragons Box and manual(SNES), Lufia and the fortress of doom CIB(SNES), Earthbound CIB(SNES), EVO: The Search for Eden CIB(SNES), Harvest Moon CIB(SNES), Mario Paint CIB(SNES), Bomberman Party Pak With Super Multitap(SNES), DoReMi Fantasies CIB(SFC).
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:33 pm

I'm extremely sorry to hear about what happened. I want to pay my respects have my thoughts and prayers go out to his family for what they are enduring.
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:48 pm

This is really sad, everytime i read some of Breetai, Blake, posts he seemed like a great person and i wish i could met him better.

All i can say now is that i give all of my condolences to his family and closest friends, i'm glad to hear that his daughter is safe i hope she gets better soon.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Return to Off-Topic / Whatever