YOUTUBE!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Xeogred
Next-Gen

YOUTUBE!

Post by Xeogred »

Damn I am so sick of the constant changes and evolution the site has been going through year by year. Anyone else hate the new layout as much as I do? And now I'm seeing ads/commercials (skippable after a few seconds, but they're still there) almost everywhere.

It was inevitable. "Went too mainstream" I guess, it just sucks how much the place sucks compared to what it was when it first started and how much freedom there was back then.

Random rant. Anyone feeling the same?
indecks
Next-Gen

Re: YOUTUBE!

Post by indecks »

Thankfully I don't see any ads (as of yet anyway), I assume AdBlockPlus is to thank for that. But from time to time, I do see ads when I try to youtube on my phone or iPad and it irritates me enough that I'll try to reload the page one time. If I see an ad again (skippable or not) I just close it down and wont watch until later.

I don't like the new layout either.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Don't they have a phone app too and stuff? Because this new layout to me just screams "mobile" friendly, but... in this day and age (other sites doing it) there should certainly be two versions of the site, and the current one just doesn't make sense at all for a desktop. Like 70% of the screen is wasted space.

Totally awful and they keep needlessly changing the buttons/colors/etc the tiniest things. The changes are starting to happen faster than Mozilla dropping new versions of Firefox every few days!
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Bar on the left: shit
White layout: shit
Playlist layout looks like: shit

Verdict: shit

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
indecks
Next-Gen

Post by indecks »

elmagicochrisg wrote:Bar on the left: shit

^ real talk
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

elmagicochrisg wrote:Bar on the left: shit

Send them that "feedback". :lol:

I pretty much said the same thing myself in my feedback submission. You can even "highlight" areas when sending the feedback, so I just highlighted all that utterly wasted space and was speechless. "Duh?"

Last time they really pissed people off when they started showing any activity whatsoever for those you subscribed too. So instead of originally just seeing what they uploaded (which is probably why you subscribe...) you started seeing them Like, Favorite, and do anything, like they were suddenly your friends or something. That was awful, and it's still around but thankfully the option to just see their uploads was added in after the outcry.

Hopefully they get enough crap feedback again and change things back or something. Can't always stop a website from changing by hot damn, 5 times a year now is just stupid. Don't fix what isn't broken.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Already sent them feedback. A bit more decent than this.

Saying how a white background for the clips is eye straining and stuff...

They should fire the retard that came up with this white mess...

I didn't send them that last part.

I think...

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

All these years and still no change username option....seriously.

We can finally link to our Google+ accounts but only a normal one, no pages. So if you're a brand or identity...too bad! Finally thought this new update would roll out the second option they have been talking about, but nope. These updates rarely bring any useful changes just confusion; I wouldn't mind them if they were the opposite.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Man, I've been wanting to make a thread about YouTube for years. For some reason everytime I think to start one, I sort of calm down. I love YouTube's content. I watch a ton of videos on the site, but godDAMN do I hate it sometimes. The constant new additions are getting really old (irony). It's worse than eBay, because at least with eBay it's usually only one or two small things as opposed to large elements of the general interface. Just one quick bitch: Why does the tooltip show the rest of a video title but not the rest of a playlist's title? This is basic consistency.

I'm also getting tired of Google trying to personify my YT account. I want to be shown as: "gszx1337", not by my real name. The homepage showing the favorites/comments/whatever the hell else of my subscriptions used to bother me until the "Uploads Only" option was included. What pisses me off now is when I get video recommendations. Most of the time I get recommended videos from creators I don't care about or worse, videos I've already seen two years ago.

This is more a general gripe with online advertising, but YouTube is pretty bad about this: I'm tired of seeing the same damn ads over, and over, and over again. I remember the still-image ads being varied (I use FlashBlocker now), so why aren't there a greater variety of video ads. Also, why the hell are some of them so fucking long? During the primaries/elections there would be 10-minute (and one 30-minute) ads prior to the videos. There are some channels that I just listen to with my headphones around the house instead of watching them in front of a screen. I get tired of going through a playlist and having to walk all the way back to my PC just to skip the ad. Even if my use wasn't so bizarre, an ad shouldn't be longer than two minutes!

Don't get me started on the community...
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

GSZX1337 wrote:Don't get me started on the community...

YouTube has a community?...