4. Octopod - 4,565

1. Crabmaster2000 -8,010
2. Octopod - 5,770

1. Crabmaster2000 - 5,608

1. Crabmaster2000 - 7,658
2. Octopod - 5,293

1. Crabmaster2000 - 1,413

1. Crabmaster2000 - 2,434
Last edited by Octopod on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo Land High Score Thread

Post by ZenErik »

I can't beat the 9th area in the first DK Crash Course. Only tried maybe 3 times, but I've only made it up 3 steps.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

ZenErik wrote:I can't beat the 9th area in the first DK Crash Course. Only tried maybe 3 times, but I've only made it up 3 steps.

The steps you fling yourself up? You just have to tap the button real quick.

I have trouble with the last drop. I can only complete the course by dropping off an edge onto the flag which means I miss one coin on the course. I need to work on that I guess.

OK, my high score for DKCC is 4565. Weak but it is something to start with. I have only made it to course 2 to the strange contraption that pivots around.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Do I need to be at a certain angle? Tapping fast isn't working.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I'm not used to seeing this kind of thread for new games - does it not have online leaderboards?
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

dsheinem wrote:I'm not used to seeing this kind of thread for new games - does it not have online leaderboards?

Nah. Not that I've noticed anyhow. I think you can check your friends scores and trophies though.
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

ZenErik wrote:Do I need to be at a certain angle? Tapping fast isn't working.

I'm not sure we are talking about the same place. You can only be at one angle 'cause you are at rest there.

By the way, after you beat the first course it does not automatically take you to course two. Some of the set pieces will move out of the way and you have to get to the door that opens. I missed that the first couple times I passed the first course.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

I'll never beat area 9 so course 2 won't even matter. It's been a brick wall. Everything up til then is extremely easy.
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

ZenErik wrote:I'll never beat area 9 so course 2 won't even matter. It's been a brick wall. Everything up til then is extremely easy.

It is the area where you have to press the right button to fling up to the next one? If it is then you just have to press quickly so it throws you up but they drop back in place before you land. You'll get it. If what I am saying doesn't help maybe watch a video on youtube to see what I mean.

Also, just in case you don't know, to make elevators lift you can press x rather than blowing in the mic. Much better imo. Pressing y sends you back to the last flag you got so if you get hung up on something or are hanging from a girder you can press it before you die to save yourself.
Crabmaster2000
128-bit

Post by Crabmaster2000 »

I'll post my scores up when I get home later. I love threads like this. If you want help with area 9 on DK here is what I do to get past it. Just tilt your controller so that your cart is just barely level with the platform. The second your cart is able to move on the crooked platforms give R a very quick tap. Repeat until you get to the top.
Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000Crabmaster?feature=mhee

250 NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/