3DS - Theatrhythm Final Fantasy + Curtain Call

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Opa Opa

3DS - Theatrhythm Final Fantasy + Curtain Call

Post by Opa Opa »

I hope I spelled "Theatrhythm" correctly.

Has anyone played this title? I love the music in the Final Fantasy series. If anything, I enjoy listening to the soundtracks more than playing the games.

I've never been a big fan of the music-game genre but I might check this game out.

Has anyone played this? I'd like to hear... er... read your opinions/thoughts.
Last edited by Opa Opa on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrPopo

Re: 3DS - Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Post by MrPopo »

This game is AMAZING. The gameplay is similar to Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents, only you don't tap directly on the prompts. There are RPG elements involved; your characters gain levels which allows them to equip skills that can make it easier to pass songs (gain HP on success, take less damage on failure) or can allow you to kill more enemies in battle stages (get more items, including the crystals to unlock other characters) or get further in field stages (need to get to a certain distance to fight the better bosses in battle stages).

If you're a fan of Final Fantasy music and don't outright hate rhythm games then I highly recommend it. Even the 3D effect is put to good use; it makes an excellent separation between the rhythm prompts and the backgrounds.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Solid rhythm game. I don't enjoy it nearly as much as Taiko no Tatsujin, Project Diva, and others, but it's good solid fun. Best FF game I've played since FFIX.

That said, I sold my 3DS a few days ago. Won't be playing Theatrhythm again until I get my XL.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

I didn't know there were RPG-elements. Sounds pretty nifty.

WTF? No demo on the eshop? Well, that's a tad strange considering Square Enix put out a Heroes of Ruin demo...

I guess that's the way Square Enix gets more sales. "Wanna try our game? Buy it, foolish mortal! :twisted: "
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Post by hashiriya1 »

I have been enjoying it all week. It's very nostalgic. The first hour I played it I had a smile on my face the whole time. The cutified versions of classic bosses and enemies is a nice touch. I imagine it wouldn't be too fun for someone who hasn't enjoyed most of the games in the series, especially the older titles.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yeah, all of the music is original except for one. I believe the second battle theme from Final Fantasy II which you have to unlock is a remixed version.

Additionally, there are 50+ DLC songs being released for $1 each.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

I played the demo and thought it was worth picking up, but as I get bored with rhythm games pretty quickly, I will be wanting to find it cheap.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Opa Opa wrote:I didn't know there were RPG-elements. Sounds pretty nifty.

WTF? No demo on the eshop? Well, that's a tad strange considering Square Enix put out a Heroes of Ruin demo...

I guess that's the way Square Enix gets more sales. "Wanna try our game? Buy it, foolish mortal! :twisted: "

There's no demo on the eShop over there? We've had it since before the game was actually out! It comes with 'Man with the Machine Gun' from FF8 and 'Sunleth Waterscape' from FFXIII playable on all 3 difficulties. I may have gotten the names slightly wrong, I've not played either of those entries in the series. The demo definitely sold me on the game though, I'll be picking it up sometime, even if I'm not totally sure when.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

All right. I'm going to give this game a shot. My 3DS has been collecting dust for too long anyway.

alienjesus wrote:There's no demo on the eShop over there? We've had it since before the game was actually out!

Well, good for you guys. :?

I'm assuming the demo is in English. Which makes me wonder why Square Enix didn't give us a demo...

And why did Europe get the FF XIII special edition?!? And the FF IV Complete Collection Special Edition??? Why are they giving Europeans the goods now?
dreamcast4ever83
128-bit

Post by dreamcast4ever83 »

Opa Opa wrote:All right. I'm going to give this game a shot. My 3DS has been collecting dust for too long anyway.

alienjesus wrote:There's no demo on the eShop over there? We've had it since before the game was actually out!

Well, good for you guys. :?

I'm assuming the demo is in English. Which makes me wonder why Square Enix didn't give us a demo...

And why did Europe get the FF XIII special edition?!? And the FF IV Complete Collection Special Edition??? Why are they giving Europeans the goods now?

Poor 3ds there are to many great game to let it collect dust. you know it's funny I have always been a fan of all gameing systems thats why I own everyone lol

I also have all nest gen systems 360, ps3, wii and one thing that annoys me is i notice people who like sony or 360 tend to keep to them selvesd claiming its the best and all the others suck.

I notice this even more so with the sony fan base which is just lame as shit. I would be damn sad not to own all of them there are so many exclusive wii, ps3, 360 titles that anyone who is bias towards one would be hella missing out I also think these people are not really gamers