Video Games and Nightmares (VG Dreams in General)

The Philosophy, Art, and Social Influence of games
CaptainHarlock
8-bit

Re: Video Games and Nightmares (VG Dreams in General)

Post by CaptainHarlock »

My game dreams are influenced by playing a game too much in a short period, like having a marathon Dragon Quest session, and my dreams are of wandering an 8-bit over world map. The closest thing that I've had to a gaming nightmare was when I dreamed that I was buying some FF game that I'd never played before, and was fascinated with, only to wake up and realize none of it was real. =(
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

noiseredux wrote:last night I had a dream that newegg was selling PS2 HRAP's for $20 brand new. :?

Ah, game deals was the other thing I used to dream about a lot. In those dreams it was usually something like an AES for $2.
avrame
128-bit

Post by avrame »

Haven't had any game related nightmares for a while. Last memorable one I had was while I was playing Dead Rising trying to get the '7 Day Survivor' achievement.
http://deadrising.wikia.com/wiki/7_Day_Survivor

Setup my phone with an alarm that would wake me up to feed Frank before he'd die of starvation. Had two nightmares from f-ing up my REM sleep for this game :P

1) My alarm didn't go off and Frank died of starvation, wasting all the time and effort that I was putting in :P
2) Adam the clown got into the Safe house while I was asleep, and I woke up to Frank getting butchered :S http://deadrising.wikia.com/wiki/Adam_MacIntyre
If you aren't having a good time, why are you playing?
3DSStrider
64-bit

Post by 3DSStrider »

Last night I had a nightmare that my mom found out about me playing some random M-Rated shooter and I was punished for it. It's probably because I've secretly been playing my dad's copy of RE4 that he left with me before he died.
Oddly enough though, I haven't had any nightmares about it. Not even the Iron Maidens can ruin my dreams. :)
I remember in 4th grade I would frequently look behind me when playing Brawl. Master Hand freaked me out. I did however, have a nightmare about Pokemon. I'm not sure if it qualifies for this thread since it's based off the anime, but I'll tell it anyway. So Ash and Co. go walk in to some girl's yard. She and Ash have a battle with Ash using a Minun and the girl using a Plusle. The two Pokemon have a lightsaber battle (!), and Minun cuts through both the girl and the Plusle. Ash steals the girl's candy and ants eat her dead body. Don't even get me started on the nightmares after reading about Tails Doll on the Internet.
Last edited by 3DSStrider on Thu May 31, 2012 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insert clever quote here.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/3DSStrider
Let's Play Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuNEFO ... qkaLOHc2nQ
insanecow0
32-bit

Post by insanecow0 »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I once played my Xbox 360 real late into the night. I had this odd dream about me riding on horses with John Marston from RED DEAD REDEMPTION. We fought zombies with the guns from Gears of War, and there was an extremely large gummy bear...

Extreme amounts of junk food late at night mixed with the dirty carpet in my sisters house led to this oddness.

Yeesh.

If that were an actual game I would so buy that xD
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

insanecow0 wrote:
Forlorn Drifter wrote:I once played my Xbox 360 real late into the night. I had this odd dream about me riding on horses with John Marston from RED DEAD REDEMPTION. We fought zombies with the guns from Gears of War, and there was an extremely large gummy bear...

Extreme amounts of junk food late at night mixed with the dirty carpet in my sisters house led to this oddness.

Yeesh.

If that were an actual game I would so buy that xD

I've always had extremely odd dreams on the occasions I do. Usually involving things that make no sense of going together. I've always been a late nighter, but the mix of bingers in my highschool career have made them that much odder. So many Snickers bars...
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
WallCrusher
32-bit

Post by WallCrusher »

The one dream that involved video games that I can still remember even today was where I was being chased by the SA-X from Metroid Fusion, onboard the B.S.L. and everything. The oddest part of the dream was that the cast of Friends was with me, and I was never even a big fan of that show.
WANNA GET YOUR WALLS CRUSHED?