Are Japanese 3DS game developers localizing anything?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
scarper
128-bit

Are Japanese 3DS game developers localizing anything?

Post by scarper »

Aside from Rhythm Thief, a couple rpgs, and Nintendo franchise titles, it seems like us western 3DS owners are getting next to nothing. And now that the 3DS is region locked, we can't do shit (except import a Japanese 3DS, thus causing every game purchase to be more expensive.)

I get even more disappointed whenever I see trailers of this "crazy awesome new 3DS game that looks freakishly amazing, and oh yeah, its not getting localized... for now... which means it never will, because Nintendo."

/rant

I feel like a whining 5 year old. How does the situation make you guys feel?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Are Japanese 3DS game developers localizing anything?

Post by Xeogred »

This is the digital era. I wish issues like this would go away, or for NoA to stop being a bag of dicks.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Games I want:

Fire Emblem
Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3: Taikaizoku to Shippo Dan
Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry no Wonderland 3D
Monster Hunter 3G

I'm sure there are a few others but that's what I can remember off the top of my head.
I'm sure we'll get Fire Emblem localized... everything else... *shrugs*

I think it's time to learn some Japanese.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

I am already tired of my 3DS. Hope some games I am interested come soon. The Vita has been a lot more appealing to me.

Region locking is not helping. If there were no region locking I would have purchased and played the hell out of Project Mirai. And I would be buying Taiko no Tatsujin when it comes out...
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
DinnerX
Next-Gen

Post by DinnerX »

Xeogred wrote:I wish issues like this would go away, or for NoA to stop being a bag of dicks.
But fabricated problems always make customers so happy.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
sbk
64-bit

Post by sbk »

Yea I am really hoping for Code of Princess to get released over here.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Im just hoping for them to hack it so I can import away. But for now I wait for Heros of Ruin
scarper
128-bit

Post by scarper »

fastbilly1 wrote:Im just hoping for them to hack it so I can import away. But for now I wait for Heros of Ruin

Nintendo can remotely brick any 3DS if it has ever had a flash cart inside it, or has been tampered with. Fortunately for us, I have yet to hear a single report of a bricked 3DS.

Seems easy enough to hack. It has an SD card slot, and was made by Nintendo.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

scarper wrote:Nintendo can remotely brick any 3DS if it has ever had a flash cart inside it, or has been tampered with. Fortunately for us, I have yet to hear a single report of a bricked 3DS.

Your source for this? I don't think it's true.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

scarper wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Im just hoping for them to hack it so I can import away. But for now I wait for Heros of Ruin

Nintendo can remotely brick any 3DS if it has ever had a flash cart inside it, or has been tampered with. Fortunately for us, I have yet to hear a single report of a bricked 3DS.

Seems easy enough to hack. It has an SD card slot, and was made by Nintendo.

I like to see them try if I keep it offline. My Wii was hacked in 08 and was only online on Nintendo's Servers once since then - to get the Netflix App. I would just do the same with the 3ds, or buy a second one for import/hacking purposes.

It is technically feasible for Nintendo do remotely brick a console, but it is very unlikely.