A new browser game every few days

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Ivo
Next-Gen

Re: A new browser game every few days

Post by Ivo »

J T wrote:Grey Matter
http://armorgames.com/play/2566/grey-matter

This one is made by Team Meat, the guys behind the now world famous Super Meat Boy. Grey Matter is a shmup without shmupping. In other words, you don't shoot stuff, but it totally feels like a shmup. Instead of shooting, you have to run into your enemies when they are not firing at you, and you get bonus points for chaining together attacks. Instead of firing, your buttons allow you to boost, or go into slow motion. The controls are tight and though it's only a single screen game, it's still a hell of a lot of fun to play.

I just wanted to bring this one back up as I finished it today (in normal mode only though). While it is not flawless it is pretty good! Go and check it out if you haven't yet.

An example of problems is the enemies with tails which I think glitch often and stay outside the screen for a lot of time not letting you progress (but they eventually get "reset" back to the play area so you can kill them and move on).

On the flipside, it is really cool for a change to kill enemies by ramming (while there are many exceptions, it is very frequent that touching enemies is bad for you). As you progress there is enough variety in enemies (took me a while to figure out how to kill a particular shy type that teleported away whenever I got close), and the final boss has some nifty bullet-hell patterns.

Ivo.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Has anyone heard this game called "Saved by Your Balls"?

It's a parody game based on Saved by the Bell, where you have to whore yourself around school to raise money.

You can find it on Newgrounds.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

NEO Scavenger

If you're looking for a challenging turn based strategy RPG, then NEO Scavenger should be a rewarding game for you. It's all about survival in an inhospitable world.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Starwish is really good! Thanks for recommending it JT.

The music is brilliant (worth downloading some tracks IMO), the story is satisfying and better than many commercial titles, even minor characters have depth to them (although the names could have used some work, mostly irrelevant). The gameplay is solid (reminiscent of some PC shooting classics). There is a lot of text to wade through but it is quite decently written.

Those of you reading this that missed it, go on and give it the game a fair try:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/xdanond ... r-starwish

Others I've played recently (obviously JT has a fascination with recommending games started with "S"):
Silly Sausage is a good idea implemented decently. It reminded me think of James Pond 2: Robocod. The stretching mechanic is not 100% original but it has been IMO underutilized in games. Quite liked it.

Sissy's Ponycorn Adventure - I laughed all the way through this nonsense, worth the 5 minutes or so.

Steamlands I thought was underwhelming. Decent or even good core idea but the implementation wasn't as good as it should be.

Finally, the Adventures of Red: quest for the chocolate muffin. It has quite good varied puzzles, should have given reset options and I don't see why you don't start with the map.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Thanks for sharing your experiences Ivo. I'm glad you liked the games.

Roar Rampage

Roar Rampage obviously bears some similarity to the arcade classic, Rampage. You are a giant dinosaur destroying buildings. The gameplay is a bit different than classic Rampage though. First, you take up most of the screen. Second, you swing your fist with the mouse. This gives the controls a feeling of being big, clumsy, and destructive- everything you want in a giant dinosaur building smashing game. It takes a few levels for the challenge to kick in. Hopefully the novelty doesn't wear off before then.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Perfect Strangers: Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now

*click image to play*

This game is really stupid, but that didn't stop me from enjoying Perfect Strangers: Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now. It's basically just a poorly designed videogame structured around the theme song and characters of the old 80s/90s TV show, Perfect Strangers. For some reason though, the game's crappiness adds to its charm, much like the TV show. Cousin, you must play with Balki and live out your dreams!
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

J T wrote:Perfect Strangers: Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now

Perfect score on my fourth try! :D
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

J T wrote:Perfect Strangers: Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now

*click image to play*

This game is really stupid, but that didn't stop me from enjoying Perfect Strangers: Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now. It's basically just a poorly designed videogame structured around the theme song and characters of the old 80s/90s TV show, Perfect Strangers. For some reason though, the game's crappiness adds to its charm, much like the TV show. Cousin, you must play with Balki and live out your dreams!

I saw this earlier today. If this was released on Kinect, I would finally buy one.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Wolfenstein 3D

*Click image to play*

This game needs no introduction; however, now you can play Wolfenstein 3D in your browser! :)
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Robot Unicorn Attack Evolution

*Click to Play*

Robot Unicorn Attack has evolved to include pandacorns, gorillacorns, wolficorns, and dragoncorns. There are new backgrounds for the new characters too and they all live in harmony, harmony, harmony oh loooove!