What shmup are you playing now?

2D Shooters Invade
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: What shmup are you playing now?

Post by foxhound1022 »

Zero Gunner 2

Very unique shmup. I've never played one where you can change the orientation of your craft.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

foxhound1022 wrote:Zero Gunner 2

Very unique shmup. I've never played one where you can change the orientation of your craft.

Yeah, there really is nothing like Zero Gunner 2. Under Defeat kinda comes close, but its nuts having the ability to turn 360 degrees.

It really is different for Psikyo. Usually their games follow their usual pattern (Gunbird, Strikers), or are so different they hardly play like shmups (Sol Divide, Cannon Spike, Space Bomber). Zero Gunner 2 pulls the different, while still feeling traditional.

Great stuff!
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Yeah, it's pretty cool. I've only just started getting into shmups in the last year or so, but they're becoming some of my favorites. Just picked up Castle of Shikigami lll for Wii.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Thats another great one. Love all the different characters.

I just got into shmups myself a little over a year ago, and I have since become completely nuts for them. The genre just satisfies me on all levels.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Yeah, I think I'm taking to them because I'm really into fighters; it's mostly reflexive gameplay, and fast-paced. I love all the SNK fighters; it's why I got a NGCD. I'd love to get an AES, or a consolized MVS, but they are mighty salty.
But, I figure something like that is a solid investment in the long run.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Thats cool! I actually got into shmups because I loved rhythm games, and going for reflex and score was just so fun. I love the challenge!

I want to get good at fighters, I plan on working on that soon. I am terrible at them right now, although I got half-decent at Guilty Gear.

A Neo Geo is definitely an awesome thing to have! I myself want to look into getting a NG Motherboard so I can play some MVS games in my cab. I've always wanted to try Pulstar and some Metal Slug games.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I didn't know you liked run n' gun bro!

PGM mobo and Demon Front cart (you just need one mobo for all the games - and there are some dandies). I'll pm you of where to buy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4RFmffYP2Y
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

mjmjr25 wrote:I didn't know you liked run n' gun bro!

PGM mobo and Demon Front cart (you just need one mobo for all the games - and there are some dandies). I'll pm you of where to buy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4RFmffYP2Y

I have not played many. I do love Gunstar Heroes and Contra 3. From the 3 seconds of Dolphin Blue I played, I think I'd like that too. Definitely want to try some good arcade run n guns, I'm sure there are many I've never heard of. I love me some Beat em Ups too! And Puzzle games, which are the gfs favorite. I'll need to get the low-down 8)
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

I love me some Metal Slug! I've got the 1st on Saturn, 2 on NGCD, Anthology on Wii, and 7 for DS.
ksloth
32-bit

Post by ksloth »

Playing a little Darius Gaiden on the Saturn. My 2 year old son - "fish! Fish fish fish!!" hehe.