Next-Gen

Re: Retro Game Store Directory

Post by lisalover1 »

awesomenick wrote:
Trade World: -1 Rating
4428 South Westnedge Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(269) 903-2309

Trade World has changed their name (again) to "The Game Store". Checked it out yesterday, they have limited carts but lots of Sega Saturn and newer discs. Its also not on Westnedge anymore its on Kilgore, diagonal from its old location, not sure of the new address.

Yeah, they've been hopping around Kalamazoo ever since they opened. They're still a pretty bad game store. The new 2nd Chance location in Grand Rapids bought their old stock from their 2nd store, and were appalled when they saw how much they were charging for their stuff. $400 for an untested Jaguar with no cords, controllers, or games? $200 for a TurboGrafx-16 in the same condition? I don't think so. :P
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Play N Trade [San Diego]:
4120 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard # 101A
San Diego, CA 92117-2718
(858) 270-3500

Can you add the link to the address above in the OP?

http://www.playntrade.com/

Its already on the list, you can throw a +1 in if you like. I bought Metroid Trilogy for $39.99 a while back, the best deal for a CIB!

PlaynTrade really needs to be supported, Its one of the largest Retro Game franchises that may not be around in a few years. Gamestop is killing them, a shame when PlaynTrade sells all the older games and offer free game play right at the store.

Right Click for a larger pic. All the consoles hooked up and no customers to play the games.
Play n Trade 01.jpg
Play n Trade 01.jpg (230.18 KiB) Viewed 894 times

Play n Trade 02.jpg
Play n Trade 02.jpg (241.61 KiB) Viewed 894 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

cookie monster
Next-Gen

Post by cookie monster »

Capitol city gaming in west manchester mall in york pa -1 this is one of the worst game stores around the stock is dirty the staff is rude and the games are over priced there is no return policy and systems are not even tested or priced the selection never changes there and there is a weird smell in the store
rimjet
8-bit

Post by rimjet »

Thought I'd throw in a chain here in central ohio, Game Depot.

http://www.gogamedepot.com/Locations.html

I've only been to the Pickerington store and I'd give it a mixed review. The staff isn't super friendly but they are patient and they know their stuff. They've been able to answer any questions I've had about retro gaming. Pricing for games is either really good or ebay priced. They have a few retro consoles but they are overpriced and I'd go elsewhere for them.

Also, give a +1 for The Record Exchange stores in Medina, North Royalton, and Kent. This whole chain is amazing but these are the only three stores I've been to myself.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Dragon's Den
Poughkeepsie Plaza
2600 South Road (Route 9)
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
http://gamersgambit.com/

It's a really cool store that sells all kinds of gaming-related stuff. You can find old AD&D books, wargaming miniatures, board games, card games, and a very ample selection of retro video games and consoles. I was there today and found several Odyssey2 games in the box! I haven't been to their NJ store (Gamer's Gambit) yet, so I can't vouch for it's retro-gaming quality-points.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

Whatever in the world has moddy been up to.......

DUUUNNN DUUUNNNN DAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DUUUNNN DUUUNNNN DAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
image.jpeg (463.92 KiB) Viewed 821 times
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Whatever in the world has moddy been up to.......

Whoa, are you serious?
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Whatever in the world has moddy been up to.......

Whoa, are you serious?

Dead serious.

The timeframe is about 6-8 months at max and it's going to be an arcade/game store combo. Me and some buddies have been working on the concept for a while and are finishing up the last few things before starting the place up.

Problem is we have a split as whether or not to include retro at all as most game stores barely sell any and one of our founding
members wants it to be their dream arcade moreso than an arcade store combo. It can be a headache working as a group or with multiple people to make something work for everybody, but hopefully it's worth it for the possible outcome.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
benevicious
16-bit

Post by benevicious »

This store has closed down :/ Probably one of the better places in northwest IL.

Play N Trade [Bloomingdale]:
158 South Gary Avenue, Bloomingdale, Illinois
60108 (630) 893-2930

Here is another place, prices aren't much better than ebay for anything retro famous. Have found a few decent deals now and then.

Disc Replay [ Hoffman Estates]
13 W Golf Rd Hoffman Estates, IL 60195
Phone: 847.882.7660
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Updated! I remembered that I hadn't updated the list in a while, so I got caught up today. Thank you all again for your submissions; the list is becoming a real behemoth!
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^