So who actually plans on getting a Wii U

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
scarper
128-bit

So who actually plans on getting a Wii U

Post by scarper »

This thought dawned on me, being the guy who JUST got his Wii, Homebrew Channel'd it, and started collecting for it. I honestly don't think I'm prepared for the new console.

Unless Nintendo gives me enough reasons to get one, I'm gonna wait this one out. Obviously, my growing Wii collection can be used on it, but seriously. I don't want a new console right now...

But you don't have to take MY word for it!! BA DUN DUNNN!!!

Duke.Togo
128-bit

Re: So who actually plans on getting a Wii U

Post by Duke.Togo »

Reading Rainbow reference? Nice.

I know I will get one at some point. Once they plop a good Mario game on it I'll look deeper into it. I'm in no hurry though, so I'm fine to wait for a good deal on one.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Duke.Togo wrote:Reading Rainbow reference? Nice.

So I'm not the only person in the world who remembers that show
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

I probably will get it at some point, just not sure when. It definitely is not a must have at launch type of system for me.

It will basically take some sort of 'must have' software title for me to jump in. I didnt get the Wii until Super Smash was released...
Jontendo
64-bit

Post by Jontendo »

I'll forgo the launch purchase prestige, but otherwise pretty much have to get one eventually. Despite big N making it easier, I still can't say no to their consoles.

Gamerforlife wrote:So I'm not the only person in the world who remembers that show

I loved how they would often follow some mellow kid's book review with their manic, startlingly loud counterpart. :lol:
Last edited by Jontendo on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
rimjet
8-bit

Post by rimjet »

I've only had my Wii since christmas which I finally got because Skyward Sword came out so I know I'll at least wait until another Zelda title comes out for the Wii U, if not longer. I still need to build up my Wii library.

The nice thing for me is that once it does come out Wii games will be even cheaper than they are now and it'll be less expensive to build up a good library.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

The 3DS was the first Nintendo console/handheld I skipped at launch. Needless to say, I won't be following that trend again.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

I've had my Wii since launch and even though it has remained on a back seat to my retro systems I've still had many great gaming experiences on it. Since I feel like I've had my fill for the last 6 years I'll probably grab a WiiU at launch.

Also since the WiiU will play Wii games I'll probably set my Wii aside and just use it for Homebrew and Gamecube games (when I don't feel like setting my Gamecube up or don't have room at the time).
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

I'll certainly be getting it, within the first few months if not on launch day.

Although, if Sega manages to have Sonic Dimensions ready in time for launch, you'll definitely see me waiting in line on day one.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

rimjet wrote:I've only had my Wii since christmas which I finally got because Skyward Sword came out so I know I'll at least wait until another Zelda title comes out for the Wii U, if not longer. I still need to build up my Wii library.

The nice thing for me is that once it does come out Wii games will be even cheaper than they are now and it'll be less expensive to build up a good library.

*bolded text* Same here.
*italicized text* My thoughts exactly.