Street Fighter x Tekken

Brawlers and Beatemups
the7k
Next-Gen

Re: Street Fighter x Tekken

Post by the7k »

EVOLghost wrote:
Bradtemple87 wrote:This game IS Street Fighter and Marvel making a baby. Don't let the Tekken name fool you, this is nothing like Tekken. The characters have dedicated chains but that's about it. If you do not like Marvel, you will not like this game.

Saving many of you the trouble since I played the finished build at Capcoms fight club.

So....like Akuma, Bison, n stuff are in the final build correct?

Anyone know what characters they'e planning for DLC>??

http://shoryuken.com/2012/02/21/psvita- ... haracters/

The PS Vita characters (SF: Elena, Guy, Cody, Sakura, Dudley and Blanka. TK: Alisa, Christie, Jack, Bryan, Lars and Lei) will be DLC for the console versions. I remember someone even saying that Capcom themselves said this, but I can't provide a reference so take it with a grain of salt.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

from PlayStation blog:

Street Fighter X Tekken – New challenges and rewards await you this week in our exclusive Street Fighter X Tekken Total Game Integration event. For the first time in Home history, you can brawl using your avatars! Complete all 10 challenges to unlock Ryu and Kazuya costumes, which will allow you to throw fireballs and perform custom jump kick attacks. And if you pre-order Street Fighter X Tekken from Home you’ll even receive the Boost Gem Trial Pack 1 bundle, which increases your Vitality, Defense and Cross Gauge meter build-up speed in Street Fighter X Tekken!
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

Post by gradualmeltdown »

ughh...really? Seriously how much DLC do you have to buy in this game to even have fun? Costumes with move sets? Gems would be fine, if everyone just had the same damn set for $60!

So a guy challenges a guy to a game of checkers. The game is going fine until half way through one guy takes 3 moves in a row and skips squares. When asked why this would be permitted he answers " I bought my copy at Sears and went to the pre-order party" Other player either goes and pays $xxx more to have the same game or can quit the game.

I'm not dropping $60 on this no matter how fun it is. Pretty sure I will get it in the bargain bin as I know its going to be fun, just can't support the Crapcom beast anymore. I'd rather give Gamestop money than the publishers on this one, that SUCKS.
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
EVOLghost
24-bit

Post by EVOLghost »

the7k wrote:
The PS Vita characters (SF: Elena, Guy, Cody, Sakura, Dudley and Blanka. TK: Alisa, Christie, Jack, Bryan, Lars and Lei) will be DLC for the console versions. I remember someone even saying that Capcom themselves said this, but I can't provide a reference so take it with a grain of salt.

Ah. I'm going to go crazy.

I've been using Elena a little bit more in SF3 and Sakura is also a favorite character of mine.

If only they'd throw in Karin...
EVOLghost
24-bit

Post by EVOLghost »

Oh THANK GOD! this was brought to the attention of that a-hole Aris. Here's a post on some of the inappropriate stuff that has been happening on Cross Assault. In case you don't know, many sexist comments have been made by Aris towards some of the female contestants, specifically Super Yan(Miranda). And...it's not just comments. Aris has actually, at one point, taken control of the camera and focused it on her waist and chest. I mean...is there any respect?

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/when-pass ... ssed/4006/
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

You obviously didn't know about Aris before Cross Assults lol!
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

CD AGES wrote:You obviously didn't know about Aris before Cross Assults lol!

My thoughts exactly :P
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
EVOLghost
24-bit

Post by EVOLghost »

Yer right. I've seen him comment on some Tekken matches...not enough to see the obscenity within' him. I also seen a video on youtube with him and Kayo Police, and well he wasn't exactly acting this badly, so yeh...I was kind of surprised.
Runefaust
64-bit

Post by Runefaust »

I've met Aris a couple of times, so when I heard he was gonna be a coach on the show I paused for a moment... then started lmao! While I personally feel Aris crossed the line on more than a couple occasions the execs who brought him on should have anticipated these type of things and someone should have put him in his place earlier on before it all got out of hand.

Honestly, Capcom botched that event horribly.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

So I read this and decided to cancel my preorder: http://shoryuken.com/2011/10/23/why-str ... urnaments/

I had decided to get it at launch essentially to play against you folks online, but if the gems system is essentially going to break online play, then I am going to wait for a price drop. The news that the Vita version will have extra characters also gives me pause...and maybe I'll wait to see the cost for the Vita version vs. the cost for PS3 + Vita character DLC when the Vita port launches. In any case, too many red flags for me for now...

Sorry :( .