All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Together Retro Calendar
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:56 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:40 am
Posts: 3381
Location: The AK-Rowdy
For next month (March - Y's) what option would be the best to participate with:

a) Get Y's Book I & II T16 on the Wii VC
b) Play Ys I & II Eternal on the PC with the English patches
c) Emulate the game on some other system (thinking SMS or NES on my GBA)

_________________
BLOG|BST|BACKLOG
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Nintendo has gotten out of touch with the market. [...] They have clung to the old ways, it is time to embrace the real market. Mario needs more cutscenes, more quick time events and on-line deathmatch.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Together Retro Calendar
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:05 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 27653
SpaceBooger wrote:
For next month (March - Y's) what option would be the best to participate with:

a) Get Y's Book I & II T16 on the Wii VC
b) Play Ys I & II Eternal on the PC with the English patches
c) Emulate the game on some other system (thinking SMS or NES on my GBA)


I'm going with Ys I & II Complete on PSP. You don't have a PSP though right? I'd think the Wii VC version should be really solid.

_________________
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Together Retro Calendar
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:30 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:40 am
Posts: 3381
Location: The AK-Rowdy
I do not have a PSP.
I did read that Y's I is real short, only 3 dungeons... maybe emulating that would be better so if I don't like it I can be done quicker. I say this because all of the Y's Book I & II reviews said that they are together as one longer game.
I don't know... the VC would be my preferred way since it would have the best graphics outside of the Windows ports.

_________________
BLOG|BST|BACKLOG
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Nintendo has gotten out of touch with the market. [...] They have clung to the old ways, it is time to embrace the real market. Mario needs more cutscenes, more quick time events and on-line deathmatch.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Together Retro Calendar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:46 pm 
Offline
Next-Gen
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:17 pm
Posts: 1828
Location: Beyond Conscious
So those of us who are going to play Ys I & II Chronicles (PSP Version) coming up shortly here,I have a question..

Are you/should I:
Play Ys I Chronicles Version-Which updates the game to a more modern style or Complete Version-Which is a more retro look from the Japan only PC title?

Then theres difficulty:
Easy-Ill skip this dont wanna fall asleep.
And Normal,Hard,Nightmare.

I kinda wanna try Nightmare as I liked that difficulty in Ys Seven,but this combat is different and Im not sure if that'll fustrate me?

Normal mode may be another option just in case I fall behind in playtime?

Any thoughts or ppl playing this version next month (couple days) for TR.

_________________
"Never be limited, and always be open minded"


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Together Retro Calendar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:43 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 27653
I decided to go with the updated visuals and soundtrack. The soundtrack can be switched anytime, but the visuals must be picked before you start.

_________________
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Together Retro Calendar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:45 pm 
Offline
Former Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 18947
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania
noiseredux wrote:
I decided to go with the updated visuals and soundtrack. The soundtrack can be switched anytime, but the visuals must be picked before you start.


what about difficulty?

_________________
BST|PODCAST


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Together Retro Calendar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:46 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 27653
dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
I decided to go with the updated visuals and soundtrack. The soundtrack can be switched anytime, but the visuals must be picked before you start.


what about difficulty?


EASY is default, so I left it as is.

_________________
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Together Retro Calendar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:53 pm 
Offline
Former Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 18947
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania
noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
I decided to go with the updated visuals and soundtrack. The soundtrack can be switched anytime, but the visuals must be picked before you start.


what about difficulty?


EASY is default, so I left it as is.


:roll: :roll:

_________________
BST|PODCAST


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Together Retro Calendar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:01 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 27653
dsheinem wrote:
:roll: :roll:


you want me to change it? I just threw it in for an hour to do the TR write-up so I was just leaving all settings as they were.

_________________
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Together Retro Calendar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:08 pm 
Offline
Former Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 18947
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania
noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
:roll: :roll:


you want me to change it? I just threw it in for an hour to do the TR write-up so I was just leaving all settings as they were.


Well...we recently had a discussion that you were part of in the "Games Beaten" thread about whether "easy" is really the "deafult experience" if it is auto selected on the first menu just because it is at the top of the list. I tend to think of "normal" as the default experience, and one in which they wouldn't have taken anything out/dumbed anything down.

_________________
BST|PODCAST


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: