Pokemon Black and White 2 announced for DS

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Zing
Next-Gen

Re: Pokemon Black and White 2 announced for DS

Post by Zing »

So this is just a Crystal/Platinum/Emerald type rehash? I thought these were new games.
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

Zing wrote:So this is just a Crystal/Platinum/Emerald type rehash? I thought these were new games.

Nope, third/fourth reboot of Black and White, with Kyurem as the mascot of both. Just in different forms depending on which you get.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Xelyx
32-bit

Post by Xelyx »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:
Zing wrote:So this is just a Crystal/Platinum/Emerald type rehash? I thought these were new games.

Nope, third/fourth reboot of Black and White, with Kyurem as the mascot of both. Just in different forms depending on which you get.

Maybe I'm just tired but can you explain that to me?
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

Xelyx wrote:
YoshiEgg25 wrote:

Maybe I'm just tired but can you explain that to me?

There's Black Kyurem and White Kyurem, each based off of Zekrom and Reshiram, respectively. They're different forms of Kyurem, similar to Giratina-O and the Rotom Formes. Just that it appears you can only get one of them depending on which game you get.
Gaming accomplishments:

CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Jeez, and here I was thinking it was a full sequel. :lol:

Nevermind what I said earlier then. If its just the typical pokemon revision there's nothing surprising about it at all.

Of course, now I'm tempted not to pick up the originals, as the revisions will probably be better.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Lokkenjawnz
128-bit

Post by Lokkenjawnz »

I have no idea where Yoshi is getting his information, but nothing I have seen has said these are remakes a la Yellow/Crystal/Emerald, etc. If you'll notice there's a goddamn 2 next to the names, so why would these be remakes? There is zero information released on the actual games yet, but as far as I can tell these are true sequels, and that's what's being reported in the various news sites as well.

It's not Pokemon Grey 1 and 2. These are two new games. If they somehow do turn out to be remakes, I will eat a pokewalker.
My Want List!

Consoles: Sega Master System, NES Toploader, Genesis/32X, Sega CDX, SNES, 3DO FZ-1, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PS2, Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox Halo Edition, Wii, PS3
Handhelds: Atari Lynx, Sega Nomad, Neo Geo Pocket Color, GBC (Atomic Purple, Pokemon Edition), GBA (Pink OG, Silver SP, Spongebob SP+), DS (Phat, iXL), 3DS, PSP (1000, Go)
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

Lokkenjawnz wrote:I have no idea where Yoshi is getting his information, but nothing I have seen has said these are remakes a la Yellow/Crystal/Emerald, etc. If you'll notice there's a goddamn 2 next to the names, so why would these be remakes? There is zero information released on the actual games yet, but as far as I can tell these are true sequels, and that's what's being reported in the various news sites as well.

It's not Pokemon Grey 1 and 2. These are two new games. If they somehow do turn out to be remakes, I will eat a pokewalker.

I'd like to see who's saying that.

I think it's pretty clear that these WILL be remakes. The Pokémon on the cover, Kyurem, is an existing Pokémon. No new Pokémon have been announced. Combine these facts with the fact that it hasn't even been a year since Black and White were released outside of Japan (early March), and it seems INCREDIBLY unlikely that this is a completely new game.

1UP is also reporting that it's unlikely that they're sequels.
Gaming accomplishments:

GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

I bet the story will take off from the semi-cliffhanger at the end of BW1, but will take place in the same region. Maybe you'll take the eastern route through Unova to mix things up?
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

They aren't fully new games but I don't think they are remakes either. As I understand, they are essentially extensions of Black and White.
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

Exactly. I'm picturing something along the lines of FF4 The After Years. Same areas, new story, some old characters, some new.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX