Pokemon Black and White 2 announced for DS

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Pokemon Black and White 2 announced for DS

Post by BoringSupreez »

You heard right; for DS, not 3DS. Here's the article.

I agree with this comment:
Masenkoe on Gamespot wrote:They've officially decided that they have run out of colors and are now turning to numbers.

I guess there's only a limited amount of recognizable colors to do before you have to turn to something else.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
KDub
Next-Gen

Re: Pokemon Black and White 2 announced for DS

Post by KDub »

They should of just started going into the non color wheel colors and silly named/crayola colors. Or heck real random jewels....

Pokemon Sepia
Pokemon Teal
Pokemon Burnt Sienna
Pokemon Salmon
Pokemon Candy Apple Red
Pokemon Chocolate Diamond

etc etc

I find it kinda interesting that it can be played on the DS and have extra stuff for the 3DS. Just like Pokemon Gold and Silver, but I think they should of just moved on with a full 3DS release. I also honestly think the series needs a full reboot the games were so much more fun with the smaller number of pokemon that in general seemed more based on actual animals.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Huh...

New pokemon is no surprise, but everything else sure is.

The DS thing is just odd. I'm normally the last person to throw out this particular accusation, but its almost like they're being lazy. :?

Well, it doesn't matter much for me at this point. I have yet to pick up the first black and white, or even heart gold and soul silver.

I like Kdub's idea of a reboot though. I would, for instance, like to see Red as the main character again.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

I wrote an article on this and posted it in the District 151 thread. I'll post it here too.

While it is odd that they would decide to do this, it DOES make sense that it's still on DS. No third revision has ever been on a different system, and Nintendo was already releasing Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition (A Pokémon-samurai crossover game. Seriously.) on the DS as well. There was nothing that pointed towards a 3DS release over a DS release other than it being the newer system.

And with two different games, I doubt they're going to do more than they did. What are they going to do, Pokémon Light Gray and Pokémon Dark Gray?
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
neilencio
64-bit

Post by neilencio »

They could use names of holidays. Like Pokemon Christmas and Pokemon Independence Day.
Visit my wife's blog: Pinay Geek
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

I didn't care at all for B/W storyline (except the ending which was great) and I never beat the post-league bosses. I think the series peaked with Crystal and is getting less sincere with each release.

I hope I can get everything in the game I already have.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Xelyx
32-bit

Post by Xelyx »

CFFJR wrote:The DS thing is just odd. I'm normally the last person to throw out this particular accusation, but its almost like they're being lazy. :?

You can tell they're getting lazy just with the stupid Pokemon designs. Floating masks, walking garbage bags and coffins, for example.

General_Norris wrote:I think the series peaked with Crystal and is getting less sincere with each release.

Crystal was AMAZING! Still my favorite, along with Gold.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

You can tell they're getting lazy just with the stupid Pokemon designs. Floating masks, walking garbage bags and coffins, for example.

Yeah, they just don't compare to groups of eggs and mime artists. :roll:
Xelyx
32-bit

Post by Xelyx »

alienjesus wrote:

Yeah, they just don't compare to groups of eggs and mime artists. :roll:

Fair enough. But you must admit that the number of stupid designs seems to be growing.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

If this doesn't have a new bird design that pretty much just looks like a real bird with colors strapped on to it, I'm not buying this game
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.