Am I missing something here?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Re: Am I missing something here?

Post by flojocabron »

harper wrote:Maybe this is a good example of why I don't socialize in real life.

NEET's of a feather lurk moar together :wink:
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
deathsled
128-bit

Post by deathsled »

Hate to say it but I think you were the problem here lol.

You saw some people "going to town on Super Smash Bro Melee" and thought "perfect opportunity to go ahead and make some decent conversation about modding systems".

:lol:

modding systems is a pretty niche subject as it is. You might have gone too uber-nerd from the start.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

J T wrote:It so much easier to lurk on the internet than in real life. When you lurk irl, people just think you're strange.

:lol: :lol: So true! I sometimes point out why I buy a particular game to other customers waiting in line; the modding point of view such as use an Arcade Twinstick for Geometry Wars or historical significance of a game such as Nights Dreams Saturn Analog stick. The dumbfounded look having no clue what I'm talking about. :oops:
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

cookie monster
Next-Gen

Post by cookie monster »

Some people can't concentrate on playing a game if you are trying to talk to them cause they have the attention span of a knat while others are pack players that don't wanna be bothered with interacting with some one outside there pack i agree with alot of the comments of go slow ask about the game compliment a good move
or ask if you could play sometime with them
k.vlaros
64-bit

Post by k.vlaros »

Maybe they were playing in a semi-public space because the TV is bigger than the one in their dorm, and not because they wanted public interaction. Maybe you had bad breath.

"Why are people who game so damn hard to make conversation with?" Because they haven't spent enough time socializing in real life, and the socializing they are most comfortable with (Internet communication, especially in gaming circles) is by-and-large little more than polemics with a dash of whatever meme is hot right now.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Maybe you just smell?
DinnerX
Next-Gen

Post by DinnerX »

J T wrote:When you lurk irl, people just think you're strange.

So that's what the deal is.

And here all this time I thought maybe it was the dead cats I was handing out.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
johnnyonthespot
8-bit

Post by johnnyonthespot »

I always run into the issue of talking with someone who doesn't know quite as much as I do. Now normally, that's no big deal. But most of the time, I'm correcting them on which games came out on which systems or how to pronounce the game of the title correctly.

Sometimes I just let this go because I have a chance to geek out a bit. But more than not, I just stop talking to them and talk to myself.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

I generally avoid talking to people as much as I possibly can. Outside of the internet I'm very anti-social. I'm not socially awkward or anything, I just don't enjoy the company of others, aside from my gf and a few close friends.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

brunoafh wrote:I generally avoid talking to people as much as I possibly can. Outside of the internet I'm very anti-social. I'm not socially awkward or anything, I just don't enjoy the company of others, aside from my gf and a few close friends.

I'm friendly and polite to others out of courtesy, but this sums up how I feel about people
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.