Hows the job market in Colorado?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
MrPopo

Re: Hows the job market in Colorado?

Post by MrPopo »

sevin0seven wrote:have you ever thought about moving to the San Francisco Bay Area? you'll probably feel more home here (Asian community here is huge) and the job economy is getting better again. plus we can hangout! Ryu and Joe Higashi! :mrgreen:

I hear the cost of living is miserable out there. Plus, it's way too sunny. I was there for a weekend and got quite depressed by it.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

MrPopo wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:have you ever thought about moving to the San Francisco Bay Area? you'll probably feel more home here (Asian community here is huge) and the job economy is getting better again. plus we can hangout! Ryu and Joe Higashi! :mrgreen:

I hear the cost of living is miserable out there. Plus, it's way too sunny. I was there for a weekend and got quite depressed by it.

I was told by my parents (could be wrong), that SF has the highest cost of living of any major city in the US.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

yeah dude, avoid the sun. Unless you have your Jim Power in 3D glasses, then you should be coo.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

MrPopo wrote:I hear the cost of living is miserable out there. Plus, it's way too sunny. I was there for a weekend and got quite depressed by it.

Sort of weird. My productivity goes through the roof (work, school, home - it doesn't mater) when it's overcast, raining, or snowing. I must be kin to Gollum. I'd do just fine in Washington state.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

s1mplehumar wrote:
MrPopo wrote:I hear the cost of living is miserable out there. Plus, it's way too sunny. I was there for a weekend and got quite depressed by it.

Sort of weird. My productivity goes through the roof (work, school, home - it doesn't mater) when it's overcast, raining, or snowing. I must be kin to Gollum. I'd do just fine in Washington state.

Yeah, Washington's fantastic that way.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

MrPopo wrote:
s1mplehumar wrote:

Yeah, Washington's fantastic that way.

If I ever moved to another state, it'd be Washington, for that very reason.

I'm just like simple, that sort of weather energizes me.

As for the topic, I can't say much about Colorado that you don't already know really. Its comparable to anywhere else in the country.

If you look hard enough, you will find a job, for sure, there's always retail and labor stuff available. (Its harder if you're a teenager, and in that sense I sympathize with Ryan. I had the same problems at that age that he's having now, and that was 7 or 8 years ago.) But will you nail a job that pays what you need and utilizes your skills? That's a tougher question.

I know that's really broad, but its the truth.

In any case, there's a lot to love about Colorado besides work related stuff, so I'd hope to see you come here anyway.

Hell, we're pretty close to maybe being able to organize a Denver Racketboy Meetup! :lol:
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

MrPopo wrote:

Asian people love the hot weather here since that's how it is back in their homeland (probably more hotter). Yeah, it does cost a lot to live in SF, but the Bay Area is big to find great deals on Apt or homes outside of SF city.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Siberia / Mongolia = Asia :wink: