Hows the job market in Colorado?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
MrPopo

Re: Hows the job market in Colorado?

Post by MrPopo »

There's a pretty good sized group of Vetnamese in Seattle. It's nice since I can get some bitchin pho up here.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

MrPopo wrote:There's a pretty good sized group of Vetnamese in Seattle. It's nice since I can get some bitchin pho up here.

I wish I could like Vietnamese food, but I just can't stand the taste of fish sauce.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Depends on your age. For the younger folk (like myself) it's an absolute shithole. :x

Then again, that's the way it is for most of the USA as I understand it.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Depends on your age. For the younger folk (like myself) it's an absolute shithole. :x

Are you referring to the teen unemployment rate? You have it lucky out there. MO is second-worst in the nation in that specific category of unemployment.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

BoringSupreez wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Depends on your age. For the younger folk (like myself) it's an absolute shithole. :x

Are you referring to the teen unemployment rate? You have it lucky out there. MO is second-worst in the nation in that specific category of unemployment.

Lucky? Ha. Still haven't found a job and I've been looking for a year.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:

Lucky? Ha. Still haven't found a job and I've been looking for a year.

So have I. And I've only even gotten two interviews so far, and I've made tons of applications. Sometimes I go to apply for a job and I have to wait in line while people ahead of me apply for the same thing.

What ticks me off is that unemployment is highest among people who have nothing to do with our current problems. Seems to me it ought to be older people who deal with the brunt of the consequences of their poor voting choices.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

BoringSupreez wrote:Seems to me it ought to be older people who deal with the brunt of the consequences of their poor voting choices.

Can you elaborate on the poor voting choices?

@OP, do you like to ski or mountain bike? That would be the awesome thing about living in Colorado.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

AznKhmerBoi wrote:Im in PA around Harrisburg area :d
BoneSnapDeez wrote:AznKhmerBoi, where do you live right now?

What town exactly? Harrisburg is like 90 minutes from here and you are also close to s1mplehumar. You should have come to the meetup last summer :(
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

gtmtnbiker wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:Seems to me it ought to be older people who deal with the brunt of the consequences of their poor voting choices.

Can you elaborate on the poor voting choices?

Please don't turn AKB's thread into yet another uninformed and uneducated "all my problems are someone else's fault" threads, please.

On track, AKB, what is your field? Do you have family in CO? Are you leaving family behind in PA? This is a pretty big move.

I like CO quite a bit, though i've never been there long enough for my body to adjust to the dry air - I can't sleep there, throat is just raw. I'm guessing you either adjust to it, or you have a humidifier in your bedroom though.

It is a beautiful area, obviously with lots of recreational activities and the most National Parks outside of California.

Ryantheslaya can probably comment more on crime or other downsides, i'm guessing Denver has a bit of a crime problem in certain areas, but my take on being there half a dozen times is it is probably pretty isolated and not state-wide.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

have you ever thought about moving to the San Francisco Bay Area? you'll probably feel more home here (Asian community here is huge) and the job economy is getting better again. plus we can hangout! Ryu and Joe Higashi! :mrgreen:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here