Modern games that renewed your interest in gaming?

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Modern games that renewed your interest in gaming?

Post by noiseredux »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
WiseFool22 wrote:TL;DR version: What modern games do you hipsters play

I never lost my interest. There's tons of good games across all generations.

samesies.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I slowed down on my interest for a while, but Gears of War deffinetly renewed it. (Don't hate.) It felt so different when it first came out. It was something me and just a couple of friends played, and it was all about the coop. I still love the series, and even if a lot of gamers straight up hate the series, I still rate it highly.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
WiseFool22
16-bit

Post by WiseFool22 »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I slowed down on my interest for a while, but Gears of War deffinetly renewed it. (Don't hate.) It felt so different when it first came out. It was something me and just a couple of friends played, and it was all about the coop. I still love the series, and even if a lot of gamers straight up hate the series, I still rate it highly.

I understand. I loved the original Halo, but I played the sequels mainly because of the ability to play coop with my friends and brothers. I think co-op can make a mediocre game a lot more fun.
And to everyone else, I'm not saying good games haven't and are not being made. I just lost focus and missed out on the good ones until games like portal brought me back in.
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

The original Gears was not a mediocre game. Its use of the cover system was innovative, (Kill Switch sucked) the graphics were unrivaled at the time and the mechanics are rock solid. The two follow-ups, however, are essentially the exact same game in a different package.
WiseFool22
16-bit

Post by WiseFool22 »

sabrage wrote:The original Gears was not a mediocre game.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant to say that the Halo sequels were mediocre in my opinion. I never really played the original Gears except for a few hours at a friends house so I can't pass judgement on it. I have played the sequels, and they just didn't do it for me.
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

WiseFool22 wrote:
sabrage wrote:The original Gears was not a mediocre game.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant to say that the Halo sequels were mediocre in my opinion. I never really played the original Gears except for a few hours at a friends house so I can't pass judgement on it. I have played the sequels, and they just didn't do it for me.

I thought Halo 2 was the best in the series, so far.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

sabrage wrote:The original Gears was not a mediocre game. Its use of the cover system was innovative, (Kill Switch sucked) the graphics were unrivaled at the time and the mechanics are rock solid. The two follow-ups, however, are essentially the exact same game in a different package.

It was mediocre. So was Red Faction. Both included an innovative mechanic. But you need more than that.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

MrPopo wrote:
sabrage wrote:The original Gears was not a mediocre game. Its use of the cover system was innovative, (Kill Switch sucked) the graphics were unrivaled at the time and the mechanics are rock solid. The two follow-ups, however, are essentially the exact same game in a different package.

It was mediocre. So was Red Faction. Both included an innovative mechanic. But you need more than that.

I would have to agree. I wouldn't even call Gears innovative. Cover systems were already done in shooters before Gears came out. Hell, Perfect Dark Zero had one. I never understood all the hoopla over the cover system. Big, frikking deal. It's a shooter. You'd think Gears re-invented the wheel or something. The graphics were great, but so what? You expect that from most big budget PS3 or Xbox 360 titles. Unrivaled is an overstatement.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Regardless if it's a mediocre game. I really really liked Red Faction when it came out. It was one of the first PS2 games I had gotten.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Gamerforlife wrote:
MrPopo wrote:

I would have to agree. I wouldn't even call Gears innovative. Cover systems were already done in shooters before Gears came out. Hell, Perfect Dark Zero had one. I never understood all the hoopla over the cover system. Big, frikking deal. It's a shooter. You'd think Gears re-invented the wheel or something. The graphics were great, but so what? You expect that from most big budget PS3 or Xbox 360 titles. Unrivaled is an overstatement.

Don't forget GRAW (Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, in case it's been a long time since you've seen that acronym). It came out several months before GoW, and had basically all the same cover mechanics.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.