Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Yancakes
64-bit

Re: Favorite Tony Hawk Game?

by Yancakes Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Just a couple of months ago I played through THPS1 and 2 on my DC, just one skater but 100% for him (can't remember which one). I had forgotten how freaking amazing these games were.

Then I borrowed THPS3 for the PS2 from a friend, played it for maybe an hour...and gave it back. Pretty much everything from THPS3 on I couldn't stand. The moon physics bugged me, the levels were less interesting, and it just seemed so much slower and less interesting.
TheyCallMeTheSwede
128-bit

by TheyCallMeTheSwede Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:26 pm

I have played a little 2x recently, I actually do notice that the Tampa Bay level that was on exclusively on that version would later be reused for THUG1. I find that interesting.
Top 101 Favorite Games of All Time

CURRENTLY OWNED: NES, SNES, GC, GB, GBA:SP, GEN, SAT, DC, PS2, PS3, PSP, X360, NGPC, Neo-Geo AES, PCE Duo, PS4, PSX, oXbox

$ALE: NOTTING!!! ABSORUTRY NOTTING!!!!!!

WANTED: CDX, 3DO, Amiga 32CD, Master System, Wii

Xbox Live: AHTNF
PSN: CallMeTheSwede

Be a pal, Check out my Photography
http://callmetheswede.deviantart.com
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

by OldSchool_Boy Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 was my favorite. Me and my cousin would play it like crazy on the PS1 and we didn't have a memory card so we left the ps1 on for the longest of times. Always having to restart every time my aunt would see it lit up while were playing outside. Then we found out about the cheat codes. Also, Spider Man was unlockable character. Spider Man Skate Video
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

by foxhound1022 Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:17 am

I loved the first 2 games and played the hell out of them. I first played THPS1 on PS1, and then made the jump to DC; the difference was noticable. I just liked the feel of the DC controller more. If I had to choose I would pick THPS2, because I remember buying it new, and not playing anything else for about a week. I never played 3 or 4, so there's a gap in my chronology. I remember enjoying THUG, but then thinking THUG2 was just rehash. I haven't played anything beyond that.
jay_red
Next-Gen

by jay_red Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:50 am

I picked up THPS 4 today after getting in the mood to play, and It plays just like THUG (I know it came before it though). I like the open world style, being able to do challenges at my pace. I got about half way though the levels, definitely fun.

I think one of the reasons I like the later installments (before THUG 2) was the trick list grew so much, they added ways to squeeze more tricks out of the tried and true control scheme. Doing double presses to expand the grabs and flips, the freestyle manual tricks, switching grinds all add to the game considerably.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:12 am

THPS 2x on xbox for me. Both of the best games, plus you can manual in the original THPS.

Forgot how much I love these two games. Wouldn't mind playing a round of "NSYNCFAN" with some buds either.
harper
Next-Gen

by harper Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Luke wrote:THPS 2x on xbox for me. Both of the best games, plus you can manual in the original THPS.

Forgot how much I love these two games. Wouldn't mind playing a round of "NSYNCFAN" with some buds either.

Lol "you are a HORSE"
insanecow0
32-bit

by insanecow0 Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Although some consider it to be where the series started going downhill, my favorite is THUG. A very close second would be THPS 2/THPS 2X
BRIK
Next-Gen

by BRIK Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:00 am

Bought THPS2 for N64 the other day. It is now my favourite version.
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.
darthmunky
Next-Gen

by darthmunky Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:57 pm

I played THPS 1 up to THUG 1. I didn't like THUG at all. My favorite one would have to be THPS4 just due to the fact that timed levels were removed. Although the music and levels from THPS 2 were my favorite I think. The first four are all great.
- Check out my Trade List
- Check out my Want List
- My GameTZ feedback
- My eBay feedback
Return to General Gaming