Lunar epsxe

Emu Talk Goes Here
SpaceBooger

Lunar epsxe

Post by SpaceBooger »

I have both a ps1 (in storage) and a ps2, but I want to play Lunar PSX on my arcade cabinet so that my wife can watch tv (giving me more play time)...
the problem is that emulating Lunar I have major sound issues... any suggestions?

PC: processor - P4 2gig
1 Gig ram
Gforce fx 5?00

thanks
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: Atari 2600 & 5200, NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis,
Sega CD, Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU, XBONE & Switch.
marurun

Post by marurun »

What sound plugin are you using and what settings? Also, what CD plugin and settings?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

I am using the SPU Core for sound.
I am using DX6 D3D for video.
I am about to give up and just use the ps2 so I can play
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: Atari 2600 & 5200, NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis,
Sega CD, Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU, XBONE & Switch.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Try investigating Pete's plugins and the open source plugins that arose from them.

http://www.pbernert.com/

Read some of the info on his site for more details.

Also, I found this thread which talks about this problem.

http://forums.ngemu.com/problems-games/ ... probs.html
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

Post by NebachadnezzaR »

Sorry to borrow your topic but I didn't think it was necessary to create a new one. I'm trying to play Lunar using pSX 1.10 and everything runs fine except for the videos. This is somewhat hard to explain, so I'll just post a picture: http://tinyurl.com/5hcbkn

As you can see the FMV's are either shrunk or chopped, and this is really annoying, so does anyone know what's causing the problem?

Edit: tried it with a new version of the emu (1.13) and the videos run centred on the screen but their still boxed instead of fullscreen. Is this how they're supposed to be? If it is, then my problem's solved.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

NebachadnezzaR wrote:Edit: tried it with a new version of the emu (1.13) and the videos run centred on the screen but their still boxed instead of fullscreen. Is this how they're supposed to be? If it is, then my problem's solved.

Unfortunately I haven't yet played the PS version (on PSX) - but I would imagine that the FMVs may be boxed even if you run them on actual hardware?

Anyone else who has actually played it would be more help here.

Ivo.
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

Post by NebachadnezzaR »

I've been playing the game and everything runs just fine, so probably the videos indeed run in a box (not a small one, mind you, it's almost full screen) and it's not a glitch from the emulator. In the end no help was needed, but thanks anyway :)
xraydash
32-bit

Post by xraydash »

Another epsxe Lunar related problem: I found a save game file here at gamefaqs for the start of disc 2 and I can't get espxe to "see" it. I tried converting it from .gme to .mcr and that didn't work either. (I didn't emulate disc one but would like to pick up where disc two begins.) Any suggestions on how I can get this going? Thanks!

Edit- I don't mean to double post. I described my problems in more detail in the together retro thread. Didn't want my difficulties to be overlooked though in case any of you smarties are not participating in that discussion.