Which Sega Genesis / Megadrive Model Do You Prefer?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast

Which One?

Model 1
49%
Model 2
47%
Model 3
4%

Total votes: 51

racketboy
Site Admin

Which Sega Genesis / Megadrive Model Do You Prefer?

Post by racketboy »

I want to hear your opinions!
Lets just stick to the standard models -- no cheating with the CDX or something :)
Image Image Image
kevinski
16-bit

Model 1

Post by kevinski »

While I own two model 2's and like the model 2 for its stereo sound output, I actually prefer the model 1 in terms of its design. I just prefer the power switch and reset button on the model 1, as they're designed better than those on the model 2 and are less prone to malfunctioning. (I have a model 2 whose reset button is somehow just completely screwed up.) I own a single model 1, which I have yet to even hook up. (I recently found it, thanks to your Craigslist article.)
[ Web | kevinski.com ] [ Wii | 7030 8283 2535 8378 ]
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

When I was gaming on a mono-TV long, long ago, I preferred the model-1 because I could hook up some little stereo speakers.

The 2nd version is what I like best 'cause the styling is nice and balanced and it's significantly smaller and lighter (while still keeping stereo sound - unlike the Genny3).
obi-shawn
8-bit

Post by obi-shawn »

Model 1 has always been my favorite. I never had the model 2, but I remember when it came out I thought it was pretty ugly. To get stereo sound I just use the mixing cable into my sega cd and then use the rca cables from it to my sound system.
C64, Genesis Model 1, Sega CD Model 1, 32x, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Saturn, Dreamcast Sports, Xbox, Xbox 360
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

i prefer model 1 mega drive it was the first console i ever played games on and it looks way better than the model 2 wich looks cheap in comparison
peace4myheart
128-bit

Post by peace4myheart »

I love the look of model one and because of the headphone option, but overall I have to go with model 2.
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

I like Model 2 out of those 3, but all I ever play is my CDX :P
GrandMasterJimmy
16-bit

Post by GrandMasterJimmy »

I like the model 2, it has a nice design to it, but I like the look of he model one, with the model 1 Sega CD.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I have a model 2 now but I honestly miss my Model1, being able to use headphones was nice and it had a much more "retro" feel to it. Welp take what you can get I suppose.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

Overall I like the model 2 best. I like the design of the model 1, but my genny is always hooked up to my model 2 sega cd and together they look sleek. The model 2 does seem more flimsy, but the one I use is my girlfrieds and she's had it since it came out. It loads games on the first try every time. Plus I like the little red light between the power and reset buttons, it's a nice touch.