Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Starting Out with the PSP

by Gamerforlife Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:22 am

chupon wrote:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161351

Holy crap that is awesome! Makes me want to start PSP collecting again
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
swiftzx
Next-Gen

by swiftzx Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:28 am

chupon wrote:http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161351

That is a cool idea! I want to make one for DS now :).
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:34 am

There's a whole slew of PSOne classics that range from $6-$10. The selection is pretty decent. However, you need a good sized memory stick if you dl a lot of games.

You should also check Amazon for PSP titles. That's usually where I've found the best deals and have normally gotten free shipping, nonetheless.

edit:
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is a great game to start out with if you like Castlevania games. It includes Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (the remake), the original Rondo of Blood, and Symphony of the Night. A great value considering Symphony of the Night is $10 on PSN.
Last edited by Opa Opa on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:36 am

and of course there's GameStop (please no flamewars)... I've found so many great PSP games (complete!) for like $6 each there.
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:41 am

noiseredux wrote:and of course there's GameStop (please no flamewars)... I've found so many great PSP games (complete!) for like $6 each there.

With the Vita upcoming we should be seeing some better deals popping up at GS when they start liquidating the PSP inventory. :)
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:52 am

There's some good Mini games on PSN as well.
I just started played "Where Is My Heart" (free for Plus members) and it's pretty sweet.
"The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character" is awesome and I would play it more if it would save your progress more often
Sarah loves "Dr. Maybee and the Adventures of Scarygirl" -- it's a nice-looking platformer.
And, among others, I also have "Flying Hamster", which seems to be a pretty cool cute-em-up so far.
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:55 am

racketboy wrote:I just started played "Where Is My Heart" (free for Plus members) and it's pretty sweet.

Is it worth buying?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:57 am

racketboy wrote:And, among others, I also have "Flying Hamster", which seems to be a pretty cool cute-em-up so far.

never heard of it but, looks cool.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:02 pm

Opa Opa wrote:
racketboy wrote:I just started played "Where Is My Heart" (free for Plus members) and it's pretty sweet.

Is it worth buying?

Yeah -- I saw a trailer a couple weeks ago and totally would have paid for it. And playing it has solidified that thought.

Minis are dirt cheap and some of them are surprisingly good -- even on a big screen TV :)
I love the fact that you can play them on both PS3 and PSP. I don't have a PSP yet, but just the downloadables make be consider it. Might pick one up at the local pawn shop. That NeoGAF thread helps too :)
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:06 pm

id skip on peace walker for the psp and get the mgs hd collection to play it as i found the psp controls to be unbearable you really need two analogue sticks to aim
Return to Sony and Microsoft