Quick Gears of War Question

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Quick Gears of War Question

Post by brunoafh »

I've always thought the Gears of War games looked like pretty tight shooters despite that being my least favorite genre. I'm in the mood for a bit of a change of pace, so I'm thinking I'm gonna give one of them a go.

Which one should I play? I'm not interested in the online gameplay at all, I just want to know which one you guys think had the best single player campaign/weapons. I only plan on playing one of them, which would you say offers the best campaign/gameplay? Are there significant gameplay changes throughout the trilogy?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Quick Gears of War Question

Post by dsheinem »

I think they get better, prettier, and easier in each installment. Thereare no major gameplay changes from1-3.

I'd reccomend starting with 2 since you can get it cheap. If you really enjoy it, get 3.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

I've only played 2, but I can tell you that you'll spend a lot of time looking at shit coloured environments if you get that one. Not even joking, literally shit-brown all over that game when it's not being gray with blue undertones.

From what I've seen, and heard 3 is a lot more varied in it's environments and use of colour. It also supposedly has a much better story.

Can't say a thing about Gears 1.

Last but not least, I'm fairly certain that the games just stay the same in terms of gameplay throughout the series. Though each installment does add more weapons and prettier graphics. Standard sequel stuff.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

Please play them in order and appreciate the storyline ;)
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Bradtemple87 wrote:Please play them in order and appreciate the storyline ;)

There's a storyline? All I remember is explosions, waist high walls, and Terry Tate, office linebacker.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

MrPopo wrote:

There's a storyline? All I remember is explosions, waist high walls, and Terry Tate, office linebacker.

It is not the strongest, but it managed to catch my interest .
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

MrPopo wrote:

THE COLE TRAIN BABY

Start with 2 I guess bru. I think it'll be hilarious if you actually like these games though. Definitely didn't do much for me...
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Xeogred wrote:I think it'll be hilarious if you actually like these games though. Definitely didn't do much for me...

Hah, I doubt I'll dig them very much, I just feel like playing a shooter for once. I just want to rent one of them for the weekend or something, get a few laughs and go out of my norm.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Should get Vanquish instead or something. :roll:
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

I've already played the hell out of it. Best TPS I've ever laid fingers on.