Fight Quest

Brawlers and Beatemups
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

Funk, E wrote:It's definitely a fighting game. A BAD one, to be sure, but fighting nonetheless.

The man's on a quest, and besides, he already has Shaq Fu.

There's also Tuff E Nuff missing on your list. Also, not sure if it counts to Ack (and it really sucks) but Pit Fighter is also missing
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

Pullmyfinger wrote:
Also, not sure if it counts to Ack (and it really sucks) but Pit Fighter is also missing
\

A terrible port of a terrible game. I think it fits in with the wrestling/brawler genre more.

You could add Killer Instinct to that list.

Also, just a side note, and I don't mean to trounce on your mission, but many of the SNES ports seemed really weak compared to other systems. Especially the NeoGeo ports....they are horrid when compared to the original. The only decent ones were the Street Fighter titles. That's just my opinion.

On the other hand some of the more original titles like Clay Fighter and TMNT fighters are decent.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Let's see...Tuff E Nuff is added to the list(thanks for the heads up), as is Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story. After looking into Pit Fighter, I believe it's more a wrestling game.

ott0bot, Killer Instinct is already on the list of games I currently own.

As for the general issue with arcade ports, I realize that most SNES arcade ports are absolutely terrible(Primal Rage is a travesty, for instance). However, there are some real gems on the console, even in some cases where the port didn't do the arcade justice. It's also possible that there are a few diamonds in the rough that I may find. Fighting games are one of my favorite genres, and I absolutely love my SNES. More reasons for me to combine the two always sound good to me.

Also, a part of me just wants to do this, as I remember some of the best (and the worst) fighters on the console. Even if there are some terrible ports to SNES, that's what I grew up playing. If nothing else, they were released and I think they should be given a shot.

Plus, in the end, I just want to. At least once I'm done, I'll be able to say I did it. Maybe I'll write an article about it for Racket or something.
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

Another (crappy) one: Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls
Ack

Post by Ack »

Well, here's an update. So far nothing has arrived, but I've got a bunch of games in the mail, so I will likely be getting them next week. Here's the list of stuff I should be getting soon:

Battleblaze
Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury Special
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

I'm watching a few auctions right now that will hopefully add five or six more titles to this list. So far so good!
Ack

Post by Ack »

Alright, so I've gotten all the Mortal Kombat games and the Fatal Fury games in the mail yesterday. They're all tested and approved. I gotta say, so far I've found Fatal Fury Special to be the best version...
Ack

Post by Ack »

Update!

Yeah, I got a bunch more in.

Best of the Best Championship Karate
Ranma 1/2
Rise of Robots
Street Fighter 2
Tuff E Nuff
World heroes
World Heroes 2
Ack

Post by Ack »

Battle Blaze came in the mail on Saturday! That's one more added to the list...
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

Ack wrote:Battle Blaze came in the mail on Saturday! That's one more added to the list...

Man, you are on a quest. Now if you only filmed it and edited it down to a 10 minute movie...
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

BTW, do we get to see pictures when completed? :)