Is Jet Set Radio Future a remake of Jet Grind Radio?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
JC48573
128-bit

Is Jet Set Radio Future a remake of Jet Grind Radio?

Post by JC48573 »

with more content and gameplay changes right?
irixith
Next-Gen

Re: Is Jet Set Radio Future a remake of Jet Grind Radio?

Post by irixith »

JC48573 wrote:with more content and gameplay changes right?

No sir. Jet Set Radio Future is a sequel, a new game.
JC48573
128-bit

Post by JC48573 »

are you sure? Cause I am reading something different. They say it's a prequel and sequel to Jet Grind Radio and I've also heard that it's also a remake.
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

JC48573 wrote:are you sure? Cause I am reading something different. They say it's a prequel and sequel to Jet Grind Radio and I've also heard that it's also a remake.

Yes, it's a sequel loosely designed to be a prequel to the original game. It's not a remake though.
Incognito D
128-bit

Post by Incognito D »

irixith wrote:
Yes, it's a sequel loosely designed to be a prequel to the original game. It's not a remake though.

wait, so it's a prequel, but it's set in the future...

how does that work? :?
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Just pretend it's not a prequel or a sequel, just another Jet Set game by Sega. Life will be simpler, and the good times will roll.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Jet Set Radio Future really feels more like a remake than a sequel or prequel. They tweaked and changed the gameplay in a few ways to make the game more accesible. The story seems like a re-telling of the first game's story. The basic idea of the story is the same. A bunch of kids fighting against freedom of expression, but they changed some things like who the leader of the gang is for example

Both games are pretty much stand alone. You don't need to play one to play the other, though Jet Set Radio Future is the easier of the two
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Which game has a better soundtrack?

I've only played the first one. I've heard some of the songs from JSRF in Sonic Racing but they didn't impress me all that much.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Opa Opa wrote:Which game has a better soundtrack?

I've only played the first one. I've heard some of the songs from JSRF in Sonic Racing but they didn't impress me all that much.

Jet Grind Radio has better music (by a small margin), but a smaller total selection, so it begins to grind on you sooner than Jet Set Radio Future's does.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
BRIK
Next-Gen

Post by BRIK »

BoringSupreez wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:Which game has a better soundtrack?

Jet Grind Radio has better music (by a small margin), but a smaller total selection, so it begins to grind on you sooner than Jet Set Radio Future's does.

Ever played the GBA version? Its pretty much the same 4 songs played over and over and over and over...
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.