So I think that I might be getting a neo geo mvs one slot

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
bryan_65
Next-Gen

So I think that I might be getting a neo geo mvs one slot

Post by bryan_65 »

The title says it all, I went and played it today, comes with the 100 in 1 , Samurai Shodown , ff special, and world heroes 2. Nice 25'' screen. I think I am going to spend $350 Friday. I was looking into jamma boards since it has a jamma connector, can I hook up a jamma Galaga and play it in this cab. I think it should work with jamma boards as long as they use four or less buttons, am I right? I am VERY new to arcade cabs!
Last edited by bryan_65 on Sat May 21, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
benevicious
16-bit

Re: So I think that I might be getting a neo geo mvs one slot

Post by benevicious »

bryan_65 wrote:The title says it all, I went and played it today, comes with the 100 in 1 , fatal fury 2 , ff special, and world heroes 2. Nice 27'' screen. I think I am going to spend $350 Friday. I was looking into jamma boards since it has a jamma connector, can I hook up a jamma Galaga and play it in this cab. I think it should work with jamma boards as long as they use four or less buttons, am I right? I am VERY new to arcade cabs!

You can hook up anything Jamma to it.

You will probably have to adjust the monitor on a board by board basis.

The only snag you might hit, is if they didn't hook up the -5v voltage cables. There are a small number of older Jamma games that need it, double dragon is the only one i can think of offhand.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

Well, I bought it and have not played anything but it since. I picked it up last Monday. It is kinda ruff round the edges, but hey its the only one I have seen in my price range and close enough. I am loving every minute of it too! More to come later, need sleep.
Attachments
neo.JPG
neo.JPG (192.05 KiB) Viewed 3253 times
sneth
32-bit

Post by sneth »

You got a good deal. These machines have some years to them, so it's normal to have some wear.
"To preserve biological diversity, is an investment in immortality."
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

very nice!
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

Sexy!
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

So after playing every day and trying a bunch of new games, I have to recommend the 100 in 1 cart just so you can see what games you would like.

Now more about the Neo Geo. It is a MVS-2 cab, it got re-wired with a jamma connection when the power supply went out. I do not know why the guy did this. Since it has a new power supply he just mounted it in the back and left the old one still in the front. It has a 1 slot board plugged in to the jamma. Oh and yes it has a 4 slot marquee probably because the original one was damaged.

My plan is to eventually get a jamma to MVS connector and put a four slot board in it or I thought about making it original again, but I think that would be a lot off work for a novice like me. What do you guys think? I will try to post more pics this weekend.
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

See if you can make it original again. Really shouldn't be too difficult.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

wow not a bad deal at all, id definitly pick it up
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

benevicious
16-bit

Post by benevicious »

bryan_65 wrote:So after playing every day and trying a bunch of new games, I have to recommend the 100 in 1 cart just so you can see what games you would like.

Now more about the Neo Geo. It is a MVS-2 cab, it got re-wired with a jamma connection when the power supply went out. I do not know why the guy did this. Since it has a new power supply he just mounted it in the back and left the old one still in the front. It has a 1 slot board plugged in to the jamma. Oh and yes it has a 4 slot marquee probably because the original one was damaged.

My plan is to eventually get a jamma to MVS connector and put a four slot board in it or I thought about making it original again, but I think that would be a lot off work for a novice like me. What do you guys think? I will try to post more pics this weekend.

Converting the cab from jamma to mvs is just going to be desoldering/moving/resoldering a few wires afaik.

It was probably converted to jamma because most if not all 1 slot mvs boards are jamma.

The convertor would be easier, and its the way I plan on going once i upgrade my supergun setup from 1 slot to 4 slot, mainly so i can still hookup cps1-2 boards to it with ease, but if you plan on messing with arcade stuff you should get comfortable with basic soldering.