Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Rygar "The Legendary Adventure" for PS2 : €5

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Went to Salvation Army a few days ago. Found one of these for two bucks: Image
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

BoringSupreez have many games that support it?
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

emwearz wrote:BoringSupreez have many games that support it?

None, actually. I just like N64, and it looked cool. I'm going to look into getting something to use with it though.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

BoringSupreez wrote:

None, actually. I just like N64, and it looked cool. I'm going to look into getting something to use with it though.

if you decide to let go of the Game Boy transfer pak, let me know. :wink:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

Post by SwooshBear »

sevin0seven wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:

if you decide to let go of the Game Boy transfer pak, let me know. :wink:

I have a transfer pack on my sales thread if your interested Sevin
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Post by JoeAwesome »

Long time viewer, first time poster. Thought I'd post some of my big recent deals (since Xmas) to get me started:

Xmas:
Goldstar 3DO (complete w/o box) with scratched Shockwave disc- $15
Sega Saturn (complete w/o box) model 2- $10

both bought from my brother at a local retro store.

Castlevania: SOTN (SS)- $4
KOF 97 (SS)- $4
Pocket Fighter (SS)- $4
Street Fighter IIIW (DC)- $4

all imports bought from my sister at a thrift store :!:

More recently (within last month):

Little Samson (NES/cart only) and Mega Man 5 (same)- $10
SNES (no a/v cable) with two controllers and Claymates, DKC 3, Super Mario World, Sunset Riders, Doom, Killer Instinct, Kirby's Avalanche, and Uniracers- $40
MUSHA (Genesis/complete)- $20
TMNT IV (SNES/cart only)- $5

at various flea markets.

Btw, I've noticed some people that post deals on here are in my local area(s). Is it wrong that I feel negatively towards my "competition"? Maybe it's rude, and I'm overthinking it, but I've got a nagging feeling not to post any specific stores because others might beat me to some great deals. Just thought I'd ask before posting my location (though I'm sure a few have already seen me on the interwebs, lol).
JLazIs138

Post by JLazIs138 »

First time poster, found this site about a week ago and I love it!

I figured I'd start off by mentioning some of my personal "finds" (some aren't really all that great but I was excited by them).

NES
Battletoads (CIB)- $8
DuckTales (CIB)- $5
Super C (CIB)- $8

SNES
Zombies Ate My Neighbors (CIB)- $16
Star Fox (CIB, this thing looks like it was just opened, it still has the cardboard insert and the plastic wrap around the game)- $20
NBA Jam and Tecmo Super Bowl (loose)- $1 each
Zelda LTTP (loose)- free!

N64
Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire, Racer, and Rouge Squadron (CIB)- $4 each
Wrestlemania 2000 (loose)- $1
GameCube
Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, MGS Twin Snakes (CIB)- $10 each
Luigi's Mansion (CIB, Players Choice)- $2

PS1
Symphony of the Night (CIB, black label)- $30
Tenchu 1 and 2 (CIB, black label for both)- $1 each
Tomb Raiders 1-4 (CIB, black label for all)- $3 each

Xbox
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher's Bay (CIB)- $1
Panzer Dragoon Orta (CIB)- $5

PS2
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (CIB)- $1
Jak and Daxter (CIB)- $2.50
Ratchet and Clank (CIB)- $2.50

Genesis
Robocop Vs. Terminator (loose)- $1
Aladdin (CIB)- $2
Sonic 2 (CIB)- $2
Mutant League Football and Hockey (CIB)- $2.50 each
Ultimate MK 3 (loose)- $2
Comix Zone (CIB)- $8

I really love this site and am looking forward to talking to some people about collecting. Some of these other finds make mine look like nothing, any tips to searching flea markets and thrift shops?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

8)
sevin0seven wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:
If you decide to let go of the Game Boy transfer pak, let me know. :wink:
Pokemon Stadium with the Pokemon Gameboy carts. Opens up the stats with nice pics. :mrgreen:

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Yet another Gamestop and another ranting story. An interesting find.

PS2 Alien Hominid - $3.99
http://www.gamestop.com/gc/games/alien-hominid/36393

A PAL Disc with extra levels!

I have not been at this gamestop for about six months. Disappointed that most of games are now stuffed in cardboard trays inside yellow envelopes. However I discovered an Alien Hominid Case with the Manual sitting on the shelf, so grabbed it right away and went straight to the counter. I already have Alien Hominid in my Cell Phone and PS2 HDAdvance installed from a rental, now finally can own a complete game.

Glad I was the only one in the store
Employee remarked; "That case slipped by, should have been tossed. The game might be in that stack of yellow envelopes, let me help you look." Five minutes into the search I was ready to call it quits, figured I could get the case and manual free and buy the game at another Gamestop. But the employee was persistent, eager to find the game, remembering putting it in the cardboard tray about a week ago. She took two trays that had the A-G games over to the counter for better lighting and looked again. Okay while waiting, so I'll poke around the GBA carts see if I could spot anything there.

I can only hope .........

Another five minutes passed then I hear a yell; "Found it!" I thanked the employee for taking the time and saving me a drive to another store. Disc looked clean, strange that the plain purple art label on the disc didn't match the green cover in the back of the case. But at least it doesn't look like a DVDR. Took it home to verify for errors with a HDAvance Install.

Bad Disc?
For some reason I kept getting a prompt saying Disc is not a PS2 game. WTF! Rebooted, then same thing. Took the disc out, and noticed a small label that said PAL. :evil: Now I am really pissed! No wonder the disc looked strange with the mismatched disc label. Okay fine, I'll just install it by not ejecting but dropping the disc thru the flip top. 1gb installed fine with no error, at least the disc is sound. Ah well, lets see if the game runs and has a 60hz option like ICO. Thru the HDAdvance screen, the game booted up fine, but the dreaded rolling 50hz PAL screen would not go away.

Okay now at a dilemma. Should I take this hard to find PAL game to another Gamestop for a NTSC swap? I mean since I live in the U.S. it is kind of a novelty owning a second PAL PS2 game. Amazon does not sell video games to different regions.

I had to tap dance to get that PS2 PAL Buzz Millionaire Game.

I remember the Gameboy Advance version only got released in Europe, so why couldn't this have been a GBA game?! Stuffed the PS2 disc back in the yellow envelope with the sales receipt, I'm keeping that case and manual when I swap out. Too late for a return run today, so decided to research if the PAL version has a 60hz unlock mode. Found a nice surprise: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Wiki wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Hominid

Differences between U.S. and European releases
When the PAL version was developed for Europe in 2005, a number of new features were added.

14:9 aspect ratio instead of 5:4 (at least on PS2 version)
25 levels built by U.S. fans were added to the 200 level PDA Game.
A "replay" function was added to single-player.
A brand new 2-4 player mini-game called "All You Can Eat", featuring the Fat Kids, was made exclusively for the PAL version. It is a button masher where you have to eat all of the food in front of you to win. This idea was later re-used in The Behemoth's next game, Castle Crashers, under the title, "All you can quaff".
A glitch in level 3-5 that allowed a player to get massive amounts of points was removed.
Why do all you English blokes get the good stuff?!
Hardcore Gaming wrote:http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/alienhominid/alienhominid.htm

Alien Hominid was published by Zoo Digital in the European market, and the GameCube version never saw the light of day. An additional Xbox port was released in its place, featuring leaderboard support and downloadable content for the PDA mini-game. A new mini-game was added in both the European PS2 and Xbox versions called "All You Can Eat". Playing as the chubby kids from Arcade mode, you must slap your buttons to devour a whole bowl of tasty treats, such as ice cream and squid legs. A replay feature was added, allowing you to record your games and save them to show off later, and a score-destroying glitch was fixed.

Homina! Homina! Homina!
Ralph Kramden Homina Homina Homina.jpg
Ralph Kramden Homina Homina Homina.jpg (17.63 KiB) Viewed 5381 times

Ooookay, I guess I will keep this game. :lol: :lol:

I added this game to the PS2 Games Special Editions List Guide

The game plays like a Macromedia Flash version of Metal Slug. Great Animation. My favorite part, the PDA game. I can't wait to try the User made levels on the PAL release! :D

As in ICO I have already confirmed thru the 50hz rolling screen that it creates a PAL version game save separate of the NTSC game save version. Weird that both saves have identical file names and icons, each region game recognizing their own game save file.

I posted an update to the Playstation PAL NTSC Conversion Guide, PAL Alien Hominid is easily converted to converted to NTSC. Very strange someone would trade this PAL version in, any PAL game is rare in the U.S. NTSC region. So Gamestop does test traded in games? :lol:

The OCD collector in me, I found a store that had the NTSC version. I now have both the NTSC Green disc and the PAL Purple disc with all the extra features. Thanks to the wonders of the Internet, I found a pic of the PAL Cover Insert.

The back is written in German, but that adds to the fun of owning an the PAL Import. Okay this is strange. The German cover on the above right shows the game is made by Behemoth Entertainment. According to Wiki, the Euro releases came out later with extra levels and published thru Zoo. Both logos are on the PAL disc, so looks like I should have the newer levels in there. I'll know once I get around to converting it.

This find rates up there up the with the two Rare Dual Analog Controllers I came across!

Oh looky at that beautiful PAL Logo on the disc! :mrgreen:

EDIT UPDATE
Finally acquired a CIB GBA Alien Hominid, thanks to another member, Demented Collector. :D

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10186&p=689626&hilit=alien#p689626

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425