Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by gtmtnbiker »

swiftzx wrote:Here is how the breakdown goes:

DS phat- $20
DS lite- $50
DSi- $75
DSi XL- $100

That's more like it. $100 for first generation DS was too good to be true.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Double post!
Last edited by Ivo on Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:
Bradtemple87 wrote:
YoshiEgg25 wrote:Haha, nice Brad. :lol:

In any case, it got accepted. Probably the longest comment CNN Tech will see today.

:wink:

And they removed it?! :x

Apparently Mr. Mangalindan doesn't like people pointing out when he's wrong.

EDIT: Good thing I'm persistent in posting. Up again.

Take a screenshot of it being posted and then removed and send the screenshots to Joystiq or something.

Ivo.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

Ivo wrote:Take a screenshot of it being posted and then removed and send the screenshots to Joystiq or something.

Ivo.

Interesting idea. They removed it again, so I'm assuming they don't like me completely killing the author's points.

If anything I can discredit him a bit, which is good for scum like this who can't take criticism.

SOMEONE REMIND ME TOMORROW (today).
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:
Ivo wrote:Take a screenshot of it being posted and then removed and send the screenshots to Joystiq or something.

Ivo.

Interesting idea. They removed it again, so I'm assuming they don't like me completely killing the author's points.

If anything I can discredit him a bit, which is good for scum like this who can't take criticism.

SOMEONE REMIND ME TOMORROW (today).

They already screen the comments before posting for profanity and other stuff like that. Although I think they are within their legal right to remove the ones they don't want, ethically I think it is wrong for them to cherry pick the comments that stay.

So I say get the screenshots. It is not really a big deal all in all, but I would expect CNN to be better than that.

If they don't want to take all reasonable comments - including those that are more critical (but respectfully so) - then they should not have a comments section at all!

Ivo.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I have to disagree with your post on a few key points Yoshi.

YoshiEgg25 wrote:Nintendo isn't targeting casual gamers with this system, really. Have you looked at the release lineup of games? Of the top titles, only Pilotwings is geared at "casual" gamers, and even then, I know plenty of longtime gamers (read: since the NES days) that will get it.

Pilotwings is hardly a title geared towards casual gamers, IMO. That said, the 3DS launch has plenty of titles that I would consider to be games for the casual crowd: Nintendogs + Cats is chief among them, but also Lego Star Wars, Super Monkey Ball 3D, The Sims 3, Madden, etc. That said, the 3DS actually has a very nice range of titles in its launch lineup, even if most of them are games that appear on other platforms.

YoshiEgg25 wrote:Are you kidding? Unlike iDevices' touch screens, the stylus gives a preciseness to the device it wouldn't otherwise get. Also, why would you want to cover important data on the bottom screen while swiping with your finger? That's one of the reasons I don't buy games on my iPod Touch: my fingers cover up too much of what's happening. A stylus allows you to continue seeing what's going on.

I find that the stylus on the DS gets in the way just as much my finger does on the iPhone, and that the Apple devices are in general surprisingly accurate and precise with touch controls - but that's just me.

YoshiEgg25 wrote:Wait wait wait...you're expecting these huge games to be entirely downloadable immediately? Tell me when brand new PS3/Wii/360 games are being digitally downloadable. I'm not talking about PSN/VC/XBLA games, I'm talking about the Super Marios, the Call of Dutys, and the Halos. You can't download those

You're completely wrong and misinformed on this one. The last few Halo games have been able to be downloaded on XBLA, Sony did this for MAG and Mass Effect 2, and there are many many other examples. Sure, these downloadable "box games" take up plenty of room on a HD and can take ages to download, but many games do indeed now have a release day digital release. The same applies to a bunch of PSP top-line titles. I agree that Nintendo really should have provided this option, even if it isn't one I'd ever use.

Anyway, I'm not sure that your comment should have been taken down, but some of your info was incorrect....
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com ... 1/1316217/

This has me a bit more excited about the built-in games.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

I was at Best Buy earlier today and got a chance to try the 3DS for about 5 minutes. It had the game PilotWings and it was neat.

I didn't care for the aqua blue color and none of the launch games really appeal to me other than Steel Diver.

When do people think that there will be a lot of games released for the 3DS? Is it usually 1-2 years after the system been out?

I'm amazed at how many games are out for the DS and was wondering which year saw the most amount of new DS games?
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

After seeing the AR Cards in action, I really hope more are released after the initial launch.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw