Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

GBA Mighty Beanz Pocket Puzzles Review

by CRTGAMER Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:39 am

GBA Mighty Beanz Pocket Puzzles Review

Game Boy Advance Mighty Beanz Pocket Puzzles - $1.99
http://www.gamestop.com/gba/games/mighty-beanz/35443

Its weird this choking hazard toy is still being sold

I bought this game remembering that it was supposed to be rare. Maybe I got mixed up with the unreleased Gamecube version. I could have sworn I read a published article with pics here on Racketboy somewhere. Maybe under the "Most Valuable Treasures", but I can't find a GBA Treasures listing. I did find a short thread that talked about the Gamecube Beanz.

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=326611#p326611

Perhaps this game is rare because it comes with one in a series of five exclusive bean toys. That means buying FIVE Beanz GBA carts! :shock:

Take Tetris and mix in Bejeweled. A two piece matchup game with an added element of sliding a selected piece anywhere on the screen. There are so many Beanz pills to match which makes this game is very difficult. Only some of the beanz have matching color halves, so a constant look at the complete sample pic that matches the half you select.

The Puzzle game plays like Tetris. A continual dropping of Beanz halves that need to be matched. Select a piece and slide it around to match to the other half. There is also a Time Trial game that appears as a bonus level or can be played directly. This time an entire roll of Beanz can be scrolled vertically or horizontally. Sometimes a few lucky strikes by just holding the button and let the matches fall in place. Too easy, more fun when you search and learn the pieces. This helps in the later levels, when a keen eye to match the faces and outfits is required. In the Bonus Level, as the board gets depleted, then you can see a Rubiks Cube type of gameplay. Moving a selected piece around into the right position without moving the matching half away.

For the "Pokemon" OCD collector there is a Beanz Case data base screen that shows all the Beanz you have matched up with a name and description. An added incentive for just one more go. You can play against the GBA or link against a friend to win and lose Beanz capsules.

So many Beanz, I have the Wizard character figured out, the blue suit with yellow stars is easy to spot. Also the office worker with the black tie, but why does what looks like an old lady wear a referee outfit? This is why this game is getting some bad reviews, the outfits don't match the faces. You have to really scrutinize and remember the different color patterns. Any die hard Bejeweled player will be tested at trying to beat this game. Three hours later, okay just one more round of this terrible game, the pill is not that hard to swallow.

Mighty Beanz Pocket Puzzles Walkthrough TXT

Is this game rare? Was there an article about this on Racketboy?
Attachments
Mighty Beanz.jpg
Mighty Beanz.jpg (64.07 KiB) Viewed 2730 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: GBA Mighty Beanz Pocket Puzzles Review

by noiseredux Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:35 am

you were thinking of the unreleased GCN version.
Return to Game Reviews