Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

by Pulsar_t Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:40 am

I'm not even going to bother with reviews! :lol: A must-watch for me :mrgreen:
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:46 am

brainofjtd wrote:Exit Through the Gift Shop

A film by Banksy and is about street art in general, with focus on this Mr. Brain Wash guy. Very interesting and I'm glad my friend recommended it to me. I really do think less of the total I.Q. of the population of Los Angeles thanks to this movie. A spray paint eyepatch over a printout of Mona Lisa? ART!

I just streamed Exit Through the Gift Shop on Netflix the other night and I highly recommend it. I am still not sure if Mr. Brain Wash is an imbecile or a genius... maybe he is both. If you have any interest in street art or the occassional foolishness of the art world, then you should see this film. Banksy rules.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
vash23n
Next-Gen

by vash23n Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:05 am

Finally watched Resident Evil: Afterlife. Cough. I loved the first two films, well up until the very ending of the second film where Alice's superpowers pretty much take on a life of their own. I loved the cast in both and thought the stories were awesome... except I could have done without Alice having any superpowers.

The third film was awful in my opinion. Just completely uninteresting and the casting didn't work for me. Even the two returning characters from the second film were annoying. Milla's acting was worse than ever and every line was so cliched. I figured the third movie would be the last unless they just ditched the whole thing and started fresh - I am not religious, but I prayed for no movie involving an army of Alices.

SPOILER ALERT

The fourth movie had potential, actually, which surprised me for how annoyingly it started out. The army of Alices exists and runs around (very strangely like this unathletic, prissy girl I once knew) spouting more cheesy lines and battling the most annoying character ever... Wesker. Now I don't know how Wesker is in the games, but everything about him in this movie annoyed me, his outfits, his dialogue, his action scenes. Anyway, I started coming around to the film after Alice had her powers taken away (maybe they were trying to back peddle a little and reel the film in). The entire middle of the film was pretty good and I feel like it would have made an excellent third film (maybe bring back the three survivors from the second film and working them in somehow). Everything takes a turn for the worse on the ship as we have more awful dialogue between Wesker and Alice and it seems like they are all about to be killed by Jill Valentine in the ugliest outfit I have ever seen. They made her go from a kickass brunette to a slutty, dingbatted blonde who gives the worst motivational speech I have ever heard. I suddenly felt like I was watching an old GI Joe cartoon for some reason.

The worst part of the film was the fact that it was made for 3D. I have said it before, I hate this 3D fad. Some movies may have pulled it off (I have yet to see one), but most turn out like this - over use of slow motion technology and tons of cheesy, "object coming right at you" scenes thrown in for the purpose of taking advantage of the 3D. Such a distraction from the film for me. It tries to involve the audience too much and interrupts the flow of the film, which ruins the experience.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Lord of War

A tale about an arms dealer/smuggler. Nicolas Cage does a narrative similar to Harrison Ford's monologue in Blade Runner. An okay docudrama movie, what really blew me away was the opening sequence, the view from one bullet. I kept thinking of the opening in the FPS game PS2 Black.

After Nick's intro, Bullet Cam! :shock:

Image Life of a Bullet
Attachments
lord_of_war_contact.jpg
lord_of_war_contact.jpg (147.11 KiB) Viewed 1699 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:14 pm

CITY OF GOD.

Never heard of it? Good. Put it on your queue, avoid any spoilers, and I bet'cha you'll love it.
Snickerd00dle
Next-Gen

by Snickerd00dle Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Luke wrote:CITY OF GOD.

Never heard of it? Good. Put it on your queue, avoid any spoilers, and I bet'cha you'll love it.

Amazing amazing movie!!
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Snickerd00dle wrote:
Luke wrote:CITY OF GOD.

Amazing amazing movie!!

Isn't it something? It did a fantastic job of making me feel like I was actually witnessing the events first hand.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:58 pm

I had absolutely nothing to do, so I watched Dairy of a Wimpy Kid. It was ok. Not great, not bad, just ok. The books were better. They actually made me laugh out loud several times, while I only laughed once, maybe twice at the movie.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

by YoshiEgg25 Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:33 pm

BoringSupreez wrote:I had absolutely nothing to do, so I watched Dairy of a Wimpy Kid. It was ok. Not great, not bad, just ok. The books were better. They actually made me laugh out loud several times, while I only laughed once, maybe twice at the movie.

Yeah, I remember reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid when it was free online on some site I went to around six years ago. It was pretty good. Haven't watched the movie, but the commercials weren't that great. It seems like one of those comics that needs to stay in the comics.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

by Bradtemple87 Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:22 am

CRT I watched Lord of War just last week :)
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever