noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Tempest

Post by noiseredux »

RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

fastbilly1 wrote:To be honest, I actually dont like the original Tempest. It never clicked with me. I wrote off Tempest 2000 for over a decade as well. One day a friend came over and wanted to check his cart and make sure it worked, and I ended up playing it for a few hours. Ever since then I have enjoyed the series. The original still doesnt really click with me. I think it is about time I buy a copy of Tempest 2000 for my Jaguar.

I've long thought that Temptest 2000 should be ported to XBLA and PSN. The original doesn't click with me, either.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

anybody want me to keep track of high scores in the first post?
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

noiseredux wrote:anybody want me to keep track of high scores in the first post?

You bet your sweet bippy!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Yeah, so Tempest 2000 in S-Video quality on my 32" Sony CRT in a dark room with the volume cranked and the ChaosReins rotary controller in my hand is about the equivalent of gaming crack. I was *slightly* skeptical that it could be so awesome, but it is :)

Basically, if you don't have a Jag this is an excuse to get one. If you do have a Jag and don't have this game, go get it now. If you have both and no rotary controller (or the means to make one), you owe it to yourself to cough up the dough. If you can plop down a little for an S-video cable too, you'll be smiling even bigger. :mrgreen:
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

dsheinem wrote:Yeah, so Tempest 2000 in S-Video quality on my 32" Sony CRT in a dark room with the volume cranked and the ChaosReins rotary controller in my hand is about the equivalent of gaming crack. I was *slightly* skeptical that it could be so awesome, but it is :)

Basically, if you don't have a Jag this is an excuse to get one. If you do have a Jag and don't have this game, go get it now. If you have both and no rotary controller (or the means to make one), you owe it to yourself to cough up the dough. If you can plop down a little for an S-video cable too, you'll be smiling even bigger. :mrgreen:

i was playing this last night (and yes i have an s-vid cable from Hobie) 8) . wished i had a rotary controller though.. :roll:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

sevin0seven wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Yeah, so Tempest 2000 in S-Video quality on my 32" Sony CRT in a dark room with the volume cranked and the ChaosReins rotary controller in my hand is about the equivalent of gaming crack. I was *slightly* skeptical that it could be so awesome, but it is :)

i was playing this last night (and yes i have an s-vid cable from Hobie) 8) . wished i had a rotary controller though.. :roll:

It was totally worth the money. It is as significant a change as buying a stick for shmups or fighters.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

dsheinem wrote:It was totally worth the money. It is as significant a change as buying a stick for shmups or fighters.

how much did you pay for yours? i see two on eBay right now for over 100 bucks.. :?
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here