Compiling N64 101 Information

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

I kept mine in their boxes so I knew which one is which, I refuse to buy games without boxes.

Just a quick note on imports. The EU model could only play Jap/US games with the aid of a passport/import cartridge. These slotted into the n64 and then a EU cartridge would be slotted in the back of the passport and the import cartridge in the top. (like a frankenstein sonic and knuckles) Compatibility with games wasn't brilliant though. Not all games worked, plus the games suffered the same 17.5% slowdown all other EU pal games had.

I combated that by having a US N64, (modded, including the dust cover :P to play japanese as well) as well as my pal version.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Jubal
64-bit

Post by Jubal »

nocturnalnerd wrote:yeah once you get up to 10+ carts it gets kind of frustrating

I have 33 but some are dupes
montoyafan

Good Memories

Post by montoyafan »

I can still remember the good old days of playing N64 in my high school days, it was the first system I had played where four of us could play at once, me and my friends put on many hours with Goldeneye. I wondered how the N64 would have turned out if Nintendo had decided to use CD's instead of cartridges.
jwc
8-bit

Post by jwc »

best liary of 32 bit era add ons in japan N64DD