Best Sega CD Homebrew?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
WrathOskvro
64-bit

Best Sega CD Homebrew?

Post by WrathOskvro »

I burnt a homebrew game on Sega CD that might sound familiar to some of you: Sonic Megamix. Really love it. Definitely awesome. I haven't really found anything else as far as SCD homebrew, so it's simple. Are there any other decent homebrew games for the SCD?
Going through deleting inactive accounts of mine as a security precaution. No hard feelings, but admins, if it is possible to delete this account, please do so. Thanks in advance!
final fight cd
Next-Gen

Re: Best Sega CD Homebrew?

Post by final fight cd »

you might want to check out gooddealgames.com. not only do they have sega cd, but they have a shit ton of homebrews on other sytems.

i have never played it, but marko is supposedly a good homebrew sega cd game.
if you took a shit, please put it back
Pabstblueribbon
64-bit

Post by Pabstblueribbon »

just beat sonic megamix myself, what an awesome game, id love to play more like it.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Anyone with a Sega CD who was disappointed by Sonic 4, go burn Sonic Megamix NOW!
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

Megamix is good good stuff.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Anyone care to elaborate on what Megamix is? I'm planning on playing through the main series Sonic games before the end of the year.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

jfe2 wrote:Anyone care to elaborate on what Megamix is? I'm planning on playing through the main series Sonic games before the end of the year.

From Sonic Retro
Sonic the Hedgehog Megamix (commonly shortened to Sonic Megamix) is a multiperson disassembly modification of the original Sonic the Hedgehog videogame for the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis, headed up by Team Megamix and more recently moved to the Sega Mega CD. The game features the ability to play as one of five different characters: Sonic the Hedgehog, Mighty the Armadillo, Shadow the Hedgehog, Miles "Tails" Prower, and Knuckles the Echidna. It is an extensive reworking of the original game, featuring new art, music, abilities, layouts, and other things.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
FAHQALL
24-bit

Post by FAHQALL »

I have to echo the Megamix vote. Burned it a couple of days ago. It's great.
Pingfa
64-bit

Post by Pingfa »

There's a guy at Sega-16 working on a CD32x port of Wolfenstein 3D. I think he's more or less finished making a standalone 32x port.

For the record, Sonic Megamix is still being updated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CS9AyAdSjs
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

What other good free homebrew is there other than Sonic Megamix is there?
Sounds like the start of a nice guide for the site :)

I need to get a new Sega CD to go with my new S-Video-enabled Genny :D