Wii 4.3U update is out

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Wii 4.3U update is out

Post by gtmtnbiker »

FYI - Nintendo just pushed out the 4.3U update for the Wii. It will delete the Homebrew Channel.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/system ... atures.jsp

Nintendo wrote:Wii Menu 4.3
Unauthorized Modifications
Because unauthorized channels or firmware may impair game play or the Wii console, updating to Wii Menu version 4.3 will check for and automatically remove such unauthorized files. In addition, there are some behind the scenes enhancements that do not affect any prominently-used features or menus but will improve system performance.

If you are seeing "Error:004," please click here.

UPDATE: BannerBomb exploit has been disabled (fixed) in this update.

There's a thread over at gbatemp.net that is discussing the update.
brickiemart
24-bit

Re: Wii 4.3U update is out

Post by brickiemart »

Lame, LAME! I don't even use homebrew for any kind of piracy, just beating region coding and a few apps. I get most of my Wii mod news and info from Wiibrew.org, are they the ones who usually release the new work-around on new Nintendo firmware?
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

Yeah I also read that with this update Nintendo is giving people the chance to own every NES, SNES and N64 VC games for free...

... if they help 20 of their friends who have not connected their Wii to the internet.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
GamerMON
Next-Gen

Post by GamerMON »

I haven't modded my wii but I don't think i will update till a game i buy requires it. This was kind of expected don't you think?
BBE
16-bit

Post by BBE »

bah, I'm still on 3.2, and I've yet to not be able to run a game. Including galaxy 2.
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

Post by GSZX1337 »

Does anyone know if this affects Wii Key users?
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I wonder if they've come up with a better way of removing existing Homebrew Channels than the last time. I suspect that the main feature of this update was to disable Banner Bomb, and they're going to have every update going forward delete the HBC using some simple method that gets sidestepped an hour after the update hits.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
brickiemart
24-bit

Post by brickiemart »

More lame, the Fatal Frame 4 patch folks are saying don't update. I wonder if the SD card version of the patch is affected by the update. I hope Sin and Punishment 2 is not required to have updated firmware, or Metroid Other M for that matter. Unlikely though.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

In addition, there are some behind the scenes enhancements that do not affect any prominently-used features or menus but will improve system performance.

RIIIIIGHT!

AKA, Gives morons a reason to try updating.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Yep. Still won't be updating. I'm still on 4.1, using USB Loader GX, no need to update. Besides, you don't need to update to play latest games (I'm playing Mario Galaxy 2 and Sin and Punishment 2 no problems on 4.1). Even if a game requires a certain IOS then you can just install it separate and then use USBLGX to boot using that specific IOS.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys