Brawlers and Beatemups

What's your favorite fighter of this generation?

Super Street Fighter 4
26%
Tatsunoku Vs Capcom
21%
KOF 12
9%
Blazblue
12%
Tekken 6
12%
Soul Caliber 4
6%
Battle Fantasia
No votes
Samurai Showdown Sen
No votes
Virtua Fighter 5
12%
Other
3%

Total votes : 34
c0r33
32-bit

What's your favorite fighter of this generation?

by c0r33 Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:45 pm

I didn't include re makes or ports to this list, mainly because I want to hear what you think about the new games from this generation. MVC2, Fatal Fury MOTW, SSF2THDR, Soul Caliber, or any others do not count!

I only included the major releases in fighting games. If Castlevania judgement was your thing you have a other section! :lol:

Write in what your choice was and why if you want!
Last edited by c0r33 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my sale/trade thread Click here
c0r33
32-bit

Re: What's your favorite fighter of this generation?

by c0r33 Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:49 pm

I voted Blazblue mainly because it was unique and a lot of fun to play. Everyone of the characters is different and its not to difficult. Anyone can pick it up and learn how to play but it goes a lot deeper then that. I felt that this game brought the most new elements to the fighting genre in awhile. Looking forward to continuum shift later this year!
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:02 pm

You listed both SF4 and SSF4 but not VF5? :(
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
c0r33
32-bit

by c0r33 Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Pulsar_t wrote:You listed both SF4 and SSF4 but not VF5? :(

SF4 and SSF4 are both up there because there's gonna be people who complain about balancing issues. VF5 was going to be up there but for some reason I put SS SEN in its place. VF 5 released and I didn't see to many people buying it even I didn't till it dropped to $14. It just didn't seem as popular this time around.
c0r33
32-bit

by c0r33 Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:22 pm

EDIT: Took off SF4 put up VF 5 if you like SF4 select other! and post about it
Josh
64-bit

by Josh Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:52 pm

Gotta give some credit to Soul Calibur 4, but Tatsunoko vs Capcom came damn close in my opinion.

And yes those are the only fighters I've played this generation. Am I really missing out?
Collects promo gaming stuff, certain import games, hockey memorabilia, and other oddball things. (sig and avy under construction)
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Wow, I really haven't played many fighters this generation. I've played Street Fighter IV and that's it. I really enjoyed it for awhile. Then one day I just realized I wasn't having fun anymore and I stopped playing. The human players got to be so predictable. It was like I knew that if my opponent did X, then I had to do Y... and Y was the only option to either not get hit by X or smacked by a follow up Z. It started to feel like there was only one way to play correctly and the game demanded you follow that or else lose, which made it stop being fun. Maybe I'm wrong about the game because I certainly never got as good as some of the people I met online, but it definitely started to feel like there was no creativity in my battles over time and I left.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

by wip3outguy7 Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:36 pm

I'm going to have to go with KOF 12. I still view it as an unfinished game but I also think it plays better than SFIV or SSFIV. I've tried Blazblue but I'm too old for that shit, it moves way too fast for me. I want to love the VF series, but I just can't get into it. Samurai Shodown Zen... just no. Tekken 6 is Blazblue territory to me. Things got too nuts for me after T5. Tatsunoku vs Capcom doesn't really do anything for me. I played some SC4 for the first time last week. It's a fun game, I could get into it if I owned a system it was on. Never played Battle Fantasia.

I kind of agree with J T when it comes to SFIV. Then again, every SF feels that way for me these days. Except for the III series of games. KOF just allows more freedom of movement IMO.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:05 pm

The only game I have is VF5 since I got rid of SC4 recently, and since the genre has stagnated too much I'm not keenly interested in any other releases. I guess there'll always be the old fanbases and even some newcomers thanks to the streamlining of SF4 and the aesthetics of Tekken/SC but I'm not that kind of crowd.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:12 pm

TvC for me. I played SFIV and it wasnt my thing. VF5 was a close second, but there is something about being able to play as Golden Lighton that no other fighter I have ever played has given me. It was really like playing a boss.
Return to Fighters