What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
The Apprentice
128-bit

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by The Apprentice »

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Good, but didn't live up to the massive hype I've been hearing. Seriously, it takes all the drama out of killing a main character if you just bring 'em back to life just in time to save the day. They did this TWICE during the movie. Another thing: If I pay to see a movie about giant killer robots, I want to see giant killer robots, not teenagers in love crying over each other, crying over busted robots, robots crying over other robots, robots crying over dead humans... It felt kind of lame.
Hatta wrote:Die Hard Arcade has Deep Scan in it. That's like retro inside retro. They must have heard we liked retro (dawg).
Jrecee wrote:What I like to do is knit little sweaters to put on the games.
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

Watched Choke. I was waiting for a long while for the movie to come out and then it got a DVD release without me even being aware of it till I saw it in a redbox. Pretty good adaption.
Reverend
Next-Gen

Post by Reverend »

I Love You Beth Cooper: Utter crap as a movie. It was one of those movies that my friends and I saw to kill time. BUT BOY WAS IT FUN! :lol: The plot was just trying so hard, but was the easiest thing to joke about. By the end of the movie, my friends and I were in stitches. Then again, with my wacky band of friends, any movie is a riot. :D

Terminator: Amazing. One of Arnold's best, and a thriller all the way. Going to watch T2 soon.
Zero Kyori
24-bit

Post by Zero Kyori »

Gran Turino and Terminator Salvation. Loved the hell out of GT. One of Clint's best movies IMO.
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

Ack wrote:So I just watched Kiss Me Deadly, which is somewhere between "hoaky 50s B-movie" and "the greatest noir ever." Seriously, I now know where films like Repo Man(not the guy above me's film, I mean the one starring Estevez) and Raiders of the Lost Ark get their material. The gist of it is that a P.I. with few morals picks up a hitchhiking woman who's wearing nothing but a trenchcoat on the side of the road. A few days later he wakes up in a hospital to learn the woman's dead and his car has been in a terrible accident. From there he goes on a quest to find out what happened and why. Nearly everybody in this movie is scum, people keep winding up dead, friends rapidly turn into enemies, and there's a maze of twists and turns in the story. Unfortunately the acting from some folks is poor, the dialogue pretty shoddy at points, and the ending is absolutely ridiculous. Still, it's a great look at Los Angeles in the transition period from WWII to the Cold War. There's a few plot holes I noticed too, some things unexplained, but an enjoyable noir film in my opinion.

I personally love this film with the reverse credits in the beginning to the escape on the beach. The only gripe with it is that none of the females were attractive like in other noir genre films.
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
Ack

Post by Ack »

OldSchool_Boy wrote:I personally love this film with the reverse credits in the beginning to the escape on the beach. The only gripe with it is that none of the females were attractive like in other noir genre films.

What? I thought they were quite nice. Not bombshells, sure, but I felt that made them more realistic.

And I just watched The Omega Man, one of the many adaptations of Richard Matheson's "I Am Legend," and frankly the best of the two I've seen. It definitely beat the Will Smith vehicle, even if instead of vampires the enemies are a group of germ-warfare mutants. I think what gets me the most about it all is how full of shit the Family is. They preach a new world order, going against the "evil" ways of man, yet willingly resort to the same violence that their "enemy" used that led to the end of the world, just with much cruder weapons. In the end, all they reveal to me is that they're every bit as human as the man they're trying to kill, they're just too blind(heh, a pun) and brainwashed to see it. I actually see parallels in the environmentalist movement, and knowing Heston's political background, I wonder if that was something similar to the intended effect.

Meh, political beliefs aside, it was a cool post-apocalyptic movie with lots of mutants and Heston on the verge of insanity. Good stuff.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Coraline. In 3D.

Loved it.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

REPO Man wrote:Coraline. In 3D.

Loved it.

That was such a great movie. While not completely amazing, it's technically flawless in my book. There's not a single thing I'd have changed.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Mozgus wrote:

Loved it.

That was such a great movie. While not completely amazing, it's technically flawless in my book. There's not a single thing I'd have changed.

I gotta agree here, Coraline was a really good film. The dogbat things were my favorite part...
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Ack wrote:
Mozgus wrote:

Loved it.

I gotta agree here, Coraline was a really good film. The dogbat things were my favorite part...

There were hundreds of unique things about that movie. My eyes hadn't felt so glued to something since I was a little kid. It really brought me back to a purer age, while at the same time, it was mature enough to intrigue any adult.

Plus Coraline is the most adorable stop motion character ever.